The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
To anyone who has recieved an e-mail this morning advising them that they have successfully passed the interview. Can you confirm if you have received correctly loaded feedback in the interview section of your application, confirming the scores achieved for each competency with feedback provided alongside?
I've received the email saying I've passed and my status has changed to "application being reviewed" BUT, why no provisional offer? Does this mean that even though we've passed the interview we could still be rejected at a later stage?? Soooo frustrating. You'd think by the third campaign (that I'm aware of anyway), this process should've been perfected by now?!?
Reply 102
Original post by dagoro1
I've received the email saying I've passed and my status has changed to "application being reviewed" BUT, why no provisional offer? Does this mean that even though we've passed the interview we could still be rejected at a later stage?? Soooo frustrating. You'd think by the third campaign (that I'm aware of anyway), this process should've been perfected by now?!?

That to me would indicate that they still haven't confirmed the actual number of vacancies at each location. I'd imagine once they do those that have scored the highest will be then offered positions and those left will be put on a merit list.

So in short the whole 'you've successfully passed your interview' at this moment in time actually counts for nothing. The next time they contact you should be to either make you a formal offer for the job or inform you that you haven't scored high enough on your interview and you will be placed on a reserve list.
Original post by LBMD
To anyone who has recieved an e-mail this morning advising them that they have successfully passed the interview. Can you confirm if you have received correctly loaded feedback in the interview section of your application, confirming the scores achieved for each competency with feedback provided alongside?

I got the email, not got correctly loaded feedback, just the interview scores that were there previously and no comments or feedback
Original post by LBMD
That to me would indicate that they still haven't confirmed the actual number of vacancies at each location. I'd imagine once they do those that have scored the highest will be then offered positions and those left will be put on a merit list.

So in short the whole 'you've successfully passed your interview' at this moment in time actually counts for nothing. The next time they contact you should be to either make you a formal offer for the job or inform you that you haven't scored high enough on your interview and you will be placed on a reserve list.

I thought the same - this email actually means nothing. I got 6/6/7 in the 2015 campaign and was put on a reserve list. This time I've apparently scored less so I'm not exactly hopeful. I would rather have waiting longer to be told "yes" or "no", than receive a "maybe" more quickly haha.
Reply 105
People, stop worrying so much.

Deltaguy rang them (see below). They've also just advertised for a 1000 posts, what would be the point of not offering people a job out of that tranche (assuming that they've managed to fill all 600 of these posts) when people have passed interviews.

They'll just take the jobs out of the allocation of 1000, it makes no sense to not give someone a job if there's those available and you've already said they're good enough...

Original post by DeltaGuy
I spoke to them there (I know I shouldn't have called but I did) if you have received a successful email then you will get a job offer. They are just working out where for people at the minute apparently and the offers should come next week.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by Litts
People, stop worrying so much, Deltaguy rang them (see below). They've just advertised for a 1000 posts, what would be the point of not offering people a job out of that tranche (assuming that they've managed to fill all 600 of these posts) when people have passed interviews. They'll just take the jobs out of the allocation of 1000. Makes no sense to not give someone a job if there's a 1000 available.

LOL - Don't expect them to apply any common sense to proceedings. Even if you have received a successful email I would still recommend applying to the new vacancies.
Reply 107
Original post by Litts
People, stop worrying so much.

Deltaguy rang them (see below). They've just advertised for a 1000 posts, what would be the point of not offering people a job out of that tranche (assuming that they've managed to fill all 600 of these posts) when people have passed interviews. They'll just take the jobs out of the allocation of 1000, it makes no sense to not give someone a job if there's those available and you've already said they're good enough...

If things actually worked like that in the civil service I'd agree with you. However, look at Dagoro1's reply above yours. She applied in 2015 on the first time these jobs were advertised and scored 667 and was placed on a reserve list and to my knowledge hasn't been offered any jobs despite there being two further recruitment campaigns including this one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LBMD
If things actually worked like that in the civil service I'd agree with you. However, look at Dagoro1's reply above yours. He applied in 2015 on the first time these jobs were advertised and scored 667 and was placed on a reserve list and to my knowledge hasn't been offered any jobs despite there being two further recruitment campaigns including this one.

Guys I can vouch for Hmrc on that one, as I've been offered something in the past from a reserve list. So it does work... Let's all just wait and see! Obviously the recruitment process won't get any quicker by us speculating...
Reply 109
I've now changed to 'provisional offer' and have detailed interview feedback (all 5's) on my internal application for Manchester :biggrin:

I take it all back, CSR are wonderful.
Reply 110
Original post by Vereor
I've now changed to 'provisional offer' and have detailed interview feedback (all 5's) on my internal application for Manchester :biggrin:

Congratulations. Looks like internal candidates are being offered roles first as expected.
Original post by LBMD
If things actually worked like that in the civil service I'd agree with you. However, look at Dagoro1's reply above yours. He applied in 2015 on the first time these jobs were advertised and scored 667 and was placed on a reserve list and to my knowledge hasn't been offered any jobs despite there being two further recruitment campaigns including this one.

I (female :smile:) just got offered an O position off the reserve list. There were apparently only 5 jobs in Liverpool for that campaign (compared to about 80 in Manchester). Somebody else on here explained to me that if, for example, there were 3 HO jobs and 2 O jobs, the 3 HO jobs may have needed 7/7/7 and then 2 O jobs 6/7/7 and everybody else was put on the reserve list for O level only. It was still really annoying to see a second and third campaign shortly afterwards....especially as I did better the first time round haha.
♀T0d72yH]\��kL�
Original post by Vereor

Well done.
Reply 113
Original post by dagoro1
Well done.

Thank you. I'm really pleased

I've got an interview later in the month for something else and I'm not sure what to do about that now!
Reply 114
Original post by dagoro1
I (female :smile:) just got offered an O position off the reserve list. There were apparently only 5 jobs in Liverpool for that campaign (compared to about 80 in Manchester). Somebody else on here explained to me that if, for example, there were 3 HO jobs and 2 O jobs, the 3 HO jobs may have needed 7/7/7 and then 2 O jobs 6/7/7 and everybody else was put on the reserve list for O level only. It was still really annoying to see a second and third campaign shortly afterwards....especially as I did better the first time round haha.
♀T0d72yH]\��kL�

Sorry!! :doh: It still confirms my theory though, they didn't offer you a vacancy from the future campaigns. What did you score this time around?
Original post by LBMD
Sorry!! :doh: It still confirms my theory though, they didn't offer you a vacancy from the future campaigns. What did you score this time around?

5/6/6 which was actually better than I thought I had scored. You're right, they don't offer vacancies from future campaigns. There's another one on CSR jobs at the moment. I almost feel obliged to just keep reapplying until they give me one haha.
Reply 116
Original post by dagoro1
5/6/6 which was actually better than I thought I had scored. You're right, they don't offer vacancies from future campaigns. There's another one on CSR jobs at the moment. I almost feel obliged to just keep reapplying until they give me one haha.

Thats still a strong score. Did you not apply internally for this campaign then? I've seen them too, think like you I am going to just keep reapplying until they give me a role, especially given that they don't offer you vacancies from future campaigns. Just keep knocking on the door and I am sure they will eventually let you in!
Hey guys. As previously stated I have a successful email but my scores have not went up yet. Hoping that changes some time soon although from what thy told me it may not be until next week.
Original post by LBMD
Thats still a strong score. Did you not apply internally for this campaign then? I've seen them too, think like you I am going to just keep reapplying until they give me a role, especially given that they don't offer you vacancies from future campaigns. Just keep knocking on the door and I am sure they will eventually let you in!

No, I was external at the time, but I'm internal now.
So are these 1000 new vacancies only advertised internally and are they for HEO?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending