The Student Room Group

How to fix social life?

I was a " nerdy " kid at school now I've been homeschooling for last 2 years due to certain reasons, now I'm going to college and don't seem to get along with people (their either retards or " cool " kids who judge everyone)

How can I fix social life? I have no idea...
Literally just go out and meet new people. Take up hobbies and such that bring joy to your life. :smile:
Reply 2
I don't really know my hobbies... I was a nerdy kid who didn't care about much... I'm also 18 years old isn't that too late to join clubs for hobbies?
By putting yourself out there. Get out there,meet new people,form new bonds etc. Join activities in your college or clubs/societies.
Original post by Anonymous
I was a " nerdy " kid at school now I've been homeschooling for last 2 years due to certain reasons, now I'm going to college and don't seem to get along with people (their either retards or " cool " kids who judge everyone)

How can I fix social life? I have no idea...

ITS YOU with the problem. You've literally just judged them. "(their either retards or " cool " kids who judge everyone) " [sic]
Reply 5
Original post by TruthBeTold'
ITS YOU with the problem. You've literally just judged them. "(their either retards or " cool " kids who judge everyone) " [sic]

Ok here the " judgement " then..

" Hmmm, what to write... " -5 minutes later- " Oh I know, lets write the title "; this one row put a d*** symbol on screen, another wrote " hi " and the person who did it... didn't admit it so they cancelled a planned game. If that isn't retardation than I don't know what is.

Cool kids such as what I said above on d*** symbols.
Reply 6
We was told to do health and safety list after the teacher was talking for 20 minutes on ALL of points... they teamed the entire row.

They laughed when got paper/pen and went " Errr what to write " - 5 minutes later they write the title slowly- ; teacher comes " You guys got anything done yet? " ; " Getting there " ; teacher goes to row after us and says " Brilliant, full list " ; " Hmmmm what to write errr... " -I give them 3 to start them up- -comes up 2 more in 10 minutes-

On a game exercise, as the teacher was probably trying to make it fun, we had to write our names on screen some on screen game quiz with everyone name listed when logged on, one wrote " D====3 ", other " hi ", the D=====3 got removed and had to re-enter, " hi " came fourth place, so the teacher tried to find " hi " name person, no one said so teacher ended game.
Reply 7
Just share your hobbies, may be late to join clubs but thats optional and a great way to really get to know people if it's a similar interest. Once people become aware of your hobbies or interests people will start striking up conversations with you. I'm not sure what year you're in at college but even A2 there are people struggling with friendship problems, not having many/no friends, etc so don't worry about it people will show an interest soon and you'll meet some lovely people! and then if you go to Uni EVERYONE will be in the same boat and that's where you can really get yourself in there with other people. I sometimes have ups and downs with my social life so I *sadly* turn to studying, it gives me motivation to become better than them instead of sit at home upset about it all and potentially fail. don't give up bud
Anyone having difficulty understand what op is on about?

O_O
Reply 9
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Anyone having difficulty understand what op is on about?

O_O

Well I don't have a social life due to me distancing myself from " school " friends, while being homeschooled for 2 years and I don't know how to improve it that I'm in college.
Well I don't have a social life due to me distancing myself from " school " friends, while being homeschooled for 2 years and I don't know how to improve it that I'm in college.

as I go to college now.*
We was told to do health and safety list after the teacher was talking for 20 minutes on ALL of points... they teamed the entire row.

They laughed when got paper/pen and went " Errr what to write " - 5 minutes later they write the title slowly- ; teacher comes " You guys got anything done yet? " ; " Getting there " ; teacher goes to row after us and says " Brilliant, full list " ; " Hmmmm what to write errr... " -I give them 3 to start them up- -comes up 2 more in 10 minutes-

On a game exercise, as the teacher was probably trying to make it fun, we had to write our names on screen some on screen game quiz with everyone name listed when logged on, one wrote " D====3 ", other " hi ", the D=====3 got removed and had to re-enter, " hi " came fourth place, so the teacher tried to find " hi " name person, no one said so teacher ended game.

You're literally judging ALL PEOPLE AT ALL TIMES based on SOME PEOPLE A FEW TIMES. You can't draw meaningful conclusions from that.

You're not a 'nerdy kid' - 'nerd-iness' is immeasurable and therefore does not exist.
You are a free spirit and should you want to you can go out, try new things and make friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Just talk to people...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending