The Student Room Group

Started A levels three weeks ago!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RDKGames
Maybe revision at school during my free periods, not at home.

So, simply, you revised a lot throughout the year.
Original post by asmuse123
So, simply, you revised a lot throughout the year.

That line gets blury when you do Maths + FM so most of your timetable is filled with maths lessons, to be fair.

But even then, for someone doing a single subject, this is too early for revision. Any small revision for tests and mocks is sufficient enough, and a good start at around Easter time is fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by asmuse123
No, you're just very talented and part of a minority of people who got those kind of grades in 1 month.

No, this is a bit ridiculous. Honestly! Heck, I've got my uni exams in about as much time as the OP has their AS ones, and I haven't even started my course yet. Most people haven't, yet some people are already starting to revise?! C'mon.
Hold your horses
Reply 24
Tbh it does depend on what subjects you are doing and how much you 'get' them.
I have been revising since like the first day OP, its a good thing. Don't listen to those saying its too early, as long as you have a break its fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
No, this is a bit ridiculous. Honestly! Heck, I've got my uni exams in about as much time as the OP has their AS ones, and I haven't even started my course yet. Most people haven't, yet some people are already starting to revise?! C'mon.

Lol you are naturally talented, look at this

so I put in zero effort into my IGCSE's, I slobbed around, didn't do any revision and spent half the exam doodling silly things onto spare paper and annoying invigilators.

I was fairly surprised at receiving 7 A*'s and an A (in economics, somebody isn't going to be happy about that) and was ecstatic at being the only one to have scored an A* in Additional Maths in my school's history.

From your blog :wink:
Original post by RDKGames
That line gets blury when you do Maths + FM so most of your timetable is filled with maths lessons, to be fair.

But even then, for someone doing a single subject, this is too early for revision. Any small revision for tests and mocks is sufficient enough, and a good start at around Easter time is fine.

Not everyone has a brain that absorbs information in class like a sponge :colonhash:, people like me who need to consolidate their revision will end up failing mocks if we leave revision to Easter :/
Reply 28
I'm doing Spanish and have to start now even though it's a linear course the workload is just so intense so yeah just do what you know is going to get you the better grades.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest