The Student Room Group

More time worrying than enjoying my relationship

Title says it all, I spent more time worrying about my partner cheating, going out with other guys e.t.c than I am enjoying this relationship right now..

To add to it, I more or less got told that we might not be together in a years time as they might be moving away.. They did not put much effort into reassuring me that they would make it work, just gave off a "if it happens it happens" tone.
Advice TSR?
Original post by Anonymous
I more or less got told that we might not be together in a years time as they might be moving away.. They did not put much effort into reassuring me that they would make it work.

This doesnt sound commited at all really, could be healthier for both of you to break it off, sorry op.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
This doesnt sound commited at all really, could be healthier for both of you to break it off, sorry op.

Thats my worry, the first 6 months of the relationship were good, no worries and everything. But now, for me, its just worry and anxiousness.I'd rather have an honest opinion, no need to be sorry :smile:
Thats my worry, the first 6 months of the relationship were good, no worries and everything. But now, for me, its just worry and anxiousness.I'd rather have an honest opinion, no need to be sorry :smile:

I mean yeah LDR's are difficult but they fact they dont even sound willing to try doesnt sound good at all really. You need to have a serious word with them.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I mean yeah LDR's are difficult but they fact they dont even sound willing to try doesnt sound good at all really. You need to have a serious word with them.

We're in a bit of a LDR, different unis right now. Yeah thats whats getting to me, they fact they didnt even sounds remotely interested in carrying it on. I did talk to them and they again were very "if it happens, it happens" about it all ¬_¬
We're in a bit of a LDR, different unis right now. Yeah thats whats getting to me, they fact they didnt even sounds remotely interested in carrying it on. I did talk to them and they again were very "if it happens, it happens" about it all ¬_¬

I'd break it off then, you deserve better than that attitude.
Title says it all, I spent more time worrying about my partner cheating, going out with other guys e.t.c than I am enjoying this relationship right now..

To add to it, I more or less got told that we might not be together in a years time as they might be moving away.. They did not put much effort into reassuring me that they would make it work, just gave off a "if it happens it happens" tone.
Advice TSR?

I mean I'll be totally honest with you, it doesn't really sound like she's making any effort to keep it going. Especially with the thought in her head that she's going off to a separate Uni to you, God knows what she's thinking.

But at the end of the day my friend, if the Cons out weight the Pros, it's sometimes best to let it go (Not a FROZEN reference -_-)
Because our past can be blinding us from the Golden opportunities right in front of us.

I hope this helps :smile:
I would break up with someone if I was told that.. how that's meant to instill any confidence at all in you, i'm not sure. You deserve better, as other poster s have said.

Advice TSR?

Your girlfriend has made her intentions clear from the start so it really is up to you whether you cut it off now or enjoy the experience whilst it lasts. If it's a serious relationship you are contemplating then I would cut it off now. Otherwise you could adopt a casual attitude to the relationship, reminding yourself that if she cheats or uses you in any way that is her at fault and not you.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending