The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ninjakam119
Hi, my teacher said not to put the AS levels if I carried them on to A2, does this sound alright?

Not if you have an overall grade for the AS subject on your statement of results. If you have a grade you must declare it.
Original post by Ninjakam119
Hi, my teacher said not to put the AS levels if I carried them on to A2, does this sound alright?

No

It contradicts what UCAS advise https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/entering-levels-and-levels-your-ucas-application

Read the first post in this thread.

If your AS results had an overall AS grade then they were certified.

If your results were certified then you MUST declare them.

If you DON'T declare them then your application is technically fraudulent and you could be rejected (or thrown off your course) at any point.
Do you have to put down modules or not?
I am sitting AEA maths next year but ucas wont let me put it on my application because you have to put a date and the highest date is june 2016? help please
Also, I did AS Maths got a B, then moved on retaking the additonal module which improved my grade to an A (I didn't retake the whole thing). Then I did A2 Maths and got a B, but I'm retaking the whole of A2 Maths and switching one of the modules from AS to the one in A2, which module do I write for AS?
I found the answers to my other questions, but I still have one question:

If I retook 1 module of maths, and my grade increased, do I put both grades? (Even if it's AS?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
No

It contradicts what UCAS advise https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/entering-levels-and-levels-your-ucas-application

Read the first post in this thread.

If your AS results had an overall AS grade then they were certified.

If your results were certified then you MUST declare them.

If you DON'T declare them then your application is technically fraudulent and you could be rejected (or thrown off your course) at any point.

I've been getting contradicting information and its been confusing me. Over Facebook, UCAS told me that since at GCSE I have got the same grade in each of my GCSE retakes I only have to declare the one final grade (I am assuming he/she meant the most recent retake). Yet on here I was told that I have declare all 3. Each retake was cashed-in so I have 3 certificates. I just would have liked to have been able to enter only the first 2014 result, since they are the same like.

Am I just safer declaring all 3?
(edited 7 years ago)
What happens if you leave out a module when the university asks for your module scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samantham999
I am sitting AEA maths next year but ucas wont let me put it on my application because you have to put a date and the highest date is june 2016? help please

You must have listed your school/college leaving date as June 2016. You can't attach qualifications to an exam centre outside the dates you are attending.
Original post by JP0458B
What happens if you leave out a module when the university asks for your module scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they're feeling generous then they'll contact you asking for the grades.

If they're not then they'll reject you for not meeting their requirements.
Original post by TiernanW
I've been getting contradicting information and its been confusing me. Over Facebook, UCAS told me that since at GCSE I have got the same grade in each of my GCSE retakes I only have to declare the one final grade (I am assuming he/she meant the most recent retake). Yet on here I was told that I have declare all 3. Each retake was cashed-in so I have 3 certificates. I just would have liked to have been able to enter only the first 2014 result, since they are the same like.

Am I just safer declaring all 3?

Declare all 3.

Unfortunately UCAS staff (on the phone and on social media) have a habit of giving out advice that contradicts the declaration and guidance on Apply.
Original post by PQ
You must have listed your school/college leaving date as June 2016. You can't attach qualifications to an exam centre outside the dates you are attending.

do I put my school dates as ending in june 2017 then?
I am sitting exams in school and in an exam centre?
do I put my school dates as ending in june 2017 then?
I am sitting exams in school and in an exam centre?

You put the exams centres you're attending with the dates you're attending
Original post by PQ
You put the exams centres you're attending with the dates you're attending

are you sure? I have never heard of this
I'm so confused so under add school/college/centre I add the centre and then list all the qualifications I will sit next may-june?
Original post by BrainJuice
Do you have to put down modules or not?

Also, I did AS Maths got a B, then moved on retaking the additonal module which improved my grade to an A (I didn't retake the whole thing). Then I did A2 Maths and got a B, but I'm retaking the whole of A2 Maths and switching one of the modules from AS to the one in A2, which module do I write for AS?

I found the answers to my other questions, but I still have one question:

If I retook 1 module of maths, and my grade increased, do I put both grades? (Even if it's AS?)

All of this is explained in the first post of the thread
are you sure? I have never heard of this
I'm so confused so under add school/college/centre I add the centre and then list all the qualifications I will sit next may-june?

Are you sitting the exams externally or receiving tuition?
Original post by PQ
Are you sitting the exams externally or receiving tuition?

I am sitting 4 in school, studying at home
I am sitting 7 in a excel centre, i am self teaching and i have a tutor
Original post by PQ
If they're feeling generous then they'll contact you asking for the grades.

If they're not then they'll reject you for not meeting their requirements.

How can they find out about an individual module score? Can they see them? I thought they could only see actual certified qualifications

How could they prove I intentionally left it out, I could've forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JP0458B
How can they find out about an individual module score? Can they see them? I thought they could only see actual certified qualifications

How could they prove I intentionally left it out, I could've forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they've ASKED for module scores then at some point they're likely to ask to see a results slip or a transcript.
Original post by PQ
If they've ASKED for module scores then at some point they're likely to ask to see a results slip or a transcript.

Is this confirmed? Even for specific modules not certified qualifications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending