The Student Room Group

Are white men the most desirable men for ethnic women?

It seems outside of their own race, Most ethnic women would prefer to date white men. Why do you think that is?

Black,Indian, Oriental, Arab,Latina women etc. seem to all have a preference for white guys.

Now that white girls are exploring more with other races and seem to have left white males behind, maybe more white men will start dating and marrying outside their race more.

Scroll to see replies

As there are more white men than any other race in Britain, it is more likely for a women of any race to marry a white man. Same applies to every country in the world. Nevertheless, measure the proportion of white men dating white women or white men dating ethnic women and vice versa, you will find that there are more white people dating white people in Britain. Because there are more white people, in Britain.
Reply 2
Original post by Welshstig
As there are more white men than any other race in Britain, it is more likely for a women of any race to marry a white man. Same applies to every country in the world. Nevertheless, measure the proportion of white men dating white women or white men dating ethnic women and vice versa, you will find that there are more white people dating white people in Britain. Because there are more white people, in Britain.

That's true but for example, after her own race an Japanese woman would then prefer to marry a white guy.
OP is a disgruntled white male neckbeard

das it mayne

you'll never be one of us Alphas slayin pooosy
Original post by Anonymous
That's true but for example, after her own race an Japanese woman would then prefer to marry a white guy.

If a white guy goes to Japan then it is very likely that he will marry a Japanese women as the proportion of women of Japanese descent to that of a western descent is extremely high. Same applies if a Japanese women goes to Britain or any other western country.
Reply 5
OP is a disgruntled white male neckbeard

das it mayne

you'll never be one of us Alphas slayin pooosy

What's an alpha slayer like you doing on a student forum on a Friday night?
It seems outside of their own race, Most ethnic women would prefer to date white men. Why do you think that is?

Black,Indian, Oriental, Arab,Latina women etc. seem to all have a preference for white guys.

Now that white girls are exploring more with other races and seem to have left white males behind, maybe more white men will start dating and marrying outside their race more.

Essentially, it is very obvious that you are referring to yourself.
Reply 7
Another point
Light skin is preferred in Asian/ Middle Eastern countries usually.
To the point where people bleach their skin to lighten it, and when people describe physical beauty they say "big blue eyes and very pale skin"
I think I've had a phase of liking just about every race from black to Arab to Asian (east Asian and south Asian); not really had strong sexual attraction to white guys. I've only ever seen them as a friend.
We live in a white majority country, with media portraying more attractive white men than others races. Of course you'll see non white girls date white guys.

But that doesn't mean that because you're white, you're not ugly to non white girls too.

lol no
well I am dating a mixed race girl but she's my 1st and it's not because shes mixed race, she just happens to be fit
however, none of my other mates have black or mixed birds or Asian lol
lol im pretty sure its black guys who get the most.

"Once you go black you never go back"...
Attractive, educated ethnic women do seem to have a pretty strong preference for white guys.

I have seen quite a lot of evidence for this.
I think one cause of an apparent preference in certain countries is that white people are generally western, and the West is seen as rich in a lot of these places. So if you date a white guy, this may indicate that you're rich and successful (at least in their eyes). And there is the aforementioned skin bleaching discussed above, too. This is all speculation, of course, but I have heard of instances and been told of similar things from friends who live in such areas.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because Asians (including the entire continent here, yep Middle East - Japan) are racist and prefer lighter skin. The paler the better
I think most women tend to find BME guys more 'fly'. Like they can sort of jump from being stylish to thuggish in the blink of an eye.
Original post by NoumanAliKhan
I think most women tend to find BME guys more 'fly'. Like they can sort of jump from being stylish to thuggish in the blink of an eye.

Not gonna lie, but I'm pretty fly for a white guy :banana:
Reply 17
I would say a white person/male on average has a better chance even if his social or financial standings are pretty bad. If you are a different ethnicity, you have to be at the top of your game to get a shot. Some females do have weird notions when it comes to comparing a white male to a POC one, the scale of needs from a white male is very light compared to a POC male. Men also do this too aswell, some will worship the ground WW walk on while rejecting their own. Also, I hope people don't go round thinking that any white male can just get a girl like that, there's still a certain level you need to reach.

In layman's terms: White Males on average only needs to achieve 50% what a POC Male does when it comes to interacial dating/marriage.
Reply 18
If you want to get kinda deep with it, the roots lie in then colonisation and oppression of non-White people. When """"ethnic"""" (idk how I feel about the use of that word being 'ethnic' myself) people were colonised by Europeans, the most substantial empire being the British, the white people would come in and instantly have power over them due to their wealth, and would take advantage of their resources etc. Colonisation was 'justified' by the Europeans as bringing civilisation to these otherwise underdeveloped countries, and non-White people were also generally seen as subhuman in comparison to the white people. Therefore, in the eyes of both the white and non white people, being White was seen as the desired race, since it had connotations of wealth, opportunity, intelligence, and many other good qualities, whereas most other races have various negative stereotypes attached to them. Also, those that looked the most white while in a European country would be treated better than those with non-White features, plus the lack of representation of other races in positions of success in Western media, both historically and (to a lesser extent but not completely non-existent) nowadays. Also sometimes people just have good/better experiences with white men compared with other races, as is the case with me, speaking as a black girl. Hope that answers your question. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by dropoutbear

"Once you go black you never go back"...

The term actually is "Once you go black, we ain't paying the uber fare back"......

:auto: Get you dad to pick you up because I ain't dropping you, goldern girls is about to come on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending