Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MJ15
So Bristol take ages in replying, ahhhhhhhh

Original post by iman305
What the hell that's ages! God it's so frustrating how law takes so long

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean, to be fair, I had to go for a mature student interview which pushed it back a little, and had alternatives to A Levels. Some people were waiting a long time last year (not as long!) with the traditional route, though. I guess it varies; although it seems most law offers come after the LNAT deadline, so they can consider all application equally. They won't run out of offers though, don't worry!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by dontcallmesammy
I mean, to be fair, I had to go for a mature student interview which pushed it back a little, and had alternatives to A Levels. Some people were waiting a long time last year (not as long!) with the traditional route, though. I guess it varies; although it seems most law offers come after the LNAT deadline, so they can consider all application equally. They won't run out of offers though, don't worry!

Lol 4 of my unis are LNAT unis this LNAT deadline is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iman305
Lol 4 of my unis are LNAT unis this LNAT deadline is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh, yeah, the wait is the worst bit. Bristol was my only LNAT uni, so I was quite lucky there (I thought I was punching above my weight a bit; was very surprised with the offer!). Have you heard from your non-LNAT?
Do you get an offer after your visit day or before? o.0 they've invited me to a visit day for Computer Science....
also does it mean they've decided to give me an offer already?
Ahhh, yeah, the wait is the worst bit. Bristol was my only LNAT uni, so I was quite lucky there (I thought I was punching above my weight a bit; was very surprised with the offer!). Have you heard from your non-LNAT?

No unfortunately not :frown: Exeter haven't gotten back to me at all, just an acknowledgement. I'm trying not to let it worry me, but I'd love an offer from anywhere at the moment haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iman305
No unfortunately not :frown: Exeter haven't gotten back to me at all, just an acknowledgement. I'm trying not to let it worry me, but I'd love an offer from anywhere at the moment haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it won't be too long! Best of luck! Where's your first choice?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sure it won't be too long! Best of luck! Where's your first choice?

Oxford is my absolute top, but I'm not placing any great hopes there

Durham is right next in line :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iman305
Oxford is my absolute top, but I'm not placing any great hopes there

Durham is right next in line :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you never know. Some people have to get offers; no reason it can't be you :smile:

Durham is so beautiful. My Mother lives there...if it was commuting distance, I might have tried for there, too.
Well, you never know. Some people have to get offers; no reason it can't be you :smile:

Durham is so beautiful. My Mother lives there...if it was commuting distance, I might have tried for there, too.

That would be incredible eh? Fingers crossed and all

It is isn't it? I've applied for University college because I saw the buildings and the literal castle and thought it was so nice, love a good old building lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for Econ!!!
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Just got an offer for Econ!!!

Nice, i'm still waiting for a mechanical engineering offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
8A*s 3As in GCSEs
Predicted A*AA
Got an offer 2 days ago for MSci environmental geoscience :smile:)
Original post by Cannoning
Nice, i'm still waiting for a mechanical engineering offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am waiting on Aero. What are your predicted/gcses like?

I think engineering will take time cuz its competitive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahmzo
I am waiting on Aero. What are your predicted/gcses like?

I think engineering will take time cuz its competitive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gcses werent the greatest, 1A*, 3 As, 2 Bs, 2 Cs and an E. Im predicted A*A*AA. I got 4 As at AS level but unfortunately for me bristol apparently doesn't look at that.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Bristol for Dentistry. I went to the open day in September & I loved it, the city seems quite multicultural from what I saw (which I love) and it is not too far from London which is a plus as it means I can still visit my family sometimes. I'm so happy Bristol don't care about the UKCAT that much but I still feel that it will be what lets me down xD
GCSEs: 9A*s 4As
AS: A (Chem), A (Spanish), C (History), C (Biology) [good thing Bristol don't really consider AS Levels because I probably would have been immediately rejected xD]
A-Level Predictions: AAAA (Chem, Spanish, Biology & EPQ)
UKCAT score: 613 average & band 2 SJT
I do some extracurricular activities but I haven't done much volunteering/caring-related activities outside of school. Still trying to get more work experience :/
Got an offer for Economics :smile:

(I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it in this one too as it's university-specific)
Reply 236
(quite late, sorry!!)

I'm an IB applicant I went to the June Open Day, absolutely loved the city! Applied for Biology :smile:

HL subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English
SL subjects: Maths, History, French
IB Predicted: 42
Original post by leonaa1
(quite late, sorry!!)

I'm an IB applicant I went to the June Open Day, absolutely loved the city! Applied for Biology :smile:

HL subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English
SL subjects: Maths, History, French
IB Predicted: 42

Hey there
I've received an offer for MSci Zoology and I'm an IB applicant too:smile:
My PG is 42 as well and I don't even study Chemistry so I'm pretty sure you'll be receiving an offer:tongue: Good luck!

(Omg just realised you're applying from Hong Kong too!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cannoning
Gcses werent the greatest, 1A*, 3 As, 2 Bs, 2 Cs and an E. Im predicted A*A*AA. I got 4 As at AS level but unfortunately for me bristol apparently doesn't look at that.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yean i didnt do too great at gcses. Only 5As 5Bs.

A level predicted is AAA. I got ABC at AS
Reply 239
Original post by JessicaApple
Hey there
I've received an offer for MSci Zoology and I'm an IB applicant too:smile:
My PG is 42 as well and I don't even study Chemistry so I'm pretty sure you'll be receiving an offer:tongue: Good luck!

(Omg just realised you're applying from Hong Kong too!)

You're from Hong Kong too? That's awesome!! Yeah I got an offer for BSc Biology the other day!! Congrats on your PG :smile: Good luck to you too xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending