The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by comeluckyapril
Hi! I had my FSAC last Tuesday. Can I just ask what you mean by 'confirm if I'm amber banded'? Do you mean that if we don't hear back today or tomorrow (as seems to be the general consensus for the next round of results based on this thread) you think our amber banding will be confirmed? I would have thought there was no way to tell simply because your status will just stay as 'awaiting results' and the message on the home page says this only means you're amber-banded if it stays the same for at least a week.

....unless I've missed something!!

If there's another pass adjustment then you'll get a message similar through your inbox saying the status of your current options.

If there's not another pass adjustment then you're amber banded if you don't hear anything after a week
Reply 1501
Just to remind everyone, this is on Facebook:

NEXT LIVE CHAT : 13:00-14:00 TODAY. The Live Chat gives you the chance to ask your questions about the Fast Stream Assessment Centre (FSAC) to an FSAC assessor and a current Fast Streamer.
Original post by piemuncher3
could well be right, I'm just putting my hopes on the 'monday mornings' bit :smile:

luckily theyve texted me every time so far when my status updates, so I don't need to sit and f5 it constantly ...

Thanks for clarifying. (And the same to everyone else who mentioned it, too)
There are 9 minutes left of Monday morning so I'm not hopeful! And yes, you'd have thought the fact that they send a text and sometimes an email too would stop me missing out on many aspects of my life this week to sit, by myself, in front of my laptop, refreshing frantically, but no!

SCENE: Sunday morning. 1:15am. Boy and Girl have just returned from a party (girl dressed as basilisk)
GIRL: Hang on...I'm just going to check the Fast Stream website...
BOY: It's quarter past one. Do you REALLY think anything will have changed since 6pm Saturday evening?
GIRL: ...I'm checking anyway. And you can't stop me.

Nothing had changed.
Reply 1503
Thanks for clarifying. (And the same to everyone else who mentioned it, too)
There are 9 minutes left of Monday morning so I'm not hopeful! And yes, you'd have thought the fact that they send a text and sometimes an email too would stop me missing out on many aspects of my life this week to sit, by myself, in front of my laptop, refreshing frantically, but no!

SCENE: Sunday morning. 1:15am. Boy and Girl have just returned from a party (girl dressed as basilisk)
GIRL: Hang on...I'm just going to check the Fast Stream website...
BOY: It's quarter past one. Do you REALLY think anything will have changed since 6pm Saturday evening?
GIRL: ...I'm checking anyway. And you can't stop me.

Nothing had changed.

Just to make things worse for you, when I got the message two weeks ago after the pass adjustment to say I was still amber banded for HoP and CD, they didn't send any texts or emails...

Keep on checking :wink:
I was also informed of any status change via text and email, but like others have said, still doesn't stop me from checking status way to often, there also won't be any change in status over weekends, but still, I check! Can't help it, really want the job!
'You have 1 unread message(s)'

I'm just staring at the page. After all my bloody refreshing I can't even bring myself to read it!
yep, I'm out for DS and HOP, awaiting results on CD ... fun times ....
Reply 1507
'You have 1 unread message(s)'

I'm just staring at the page. After all my bloody refreshing I can't even bring myself to read it!

:lol:

I know that feeling :biggrin:
so whats the verdict? abandon hope all ye who are unsuccessful at HOP? hahaha
Reply 1509
yep, I'm out for DS and HOP, awaiting results on CD ... fun times ....

You only had your FSAC last week didn't you?

If so I think that means you're just being judged on the pass marks set 2 weeks ago, rather than there being a new adjustment.

Anyway, chin up mate! Got to be in it to win it

I'm in the same position. I'm not sure what the pass mark differences are between HoP and CD but even just one point must mean we are still in with a chance, however slim. Although oh dear god if we don't hear until April, that is ludicrous. My FSAC was on Jan 24th.
Original post by TomDixie
You only had your FSAC last week didn't you?

If so I think that means you're just being judged on the pass marks set 2 weeks ago, rather than there being a new adjustment.

Anyway, chin up mate! Got to be in it to win it

Yeah, Wednesday, so it holds in line with a Monday morning sift of the marks sitting in the in tray rather than an actual adjustment.
My thinking is that if last years HOP marks are anything to go by it can't be far off the CD pass mark, so being unsuccessful now for HOP isn't a particularly good omen for the CD. would be nice if I could ring up and get my score or something ... but hey, same boat as everyone else still posting in the thread anyway!
Reply 1512
Although it seems like I've been waiting ages to actually do my FSAC (which is still not until the very end of March) I think on balance this seems less excruciating than waiting for results!?
hahaha, you should convince everyone else at the end of march to give up thier chance so the marks come out a few days earlier :P

To be honest, the waiting is always the worst bit, so you have rather dodged a bullet there, I suppose the only downside is that you could come out with flying colours and had you done so 2 months ago might have got your result straight away!
Reply 1514

To give you an idea where everyone was at last year, at this stage (Obviously it's a small sample of people who post on here):

JamieinLondon last year was unsuccessful for HoP at this point and just missed out on CD with 16.91 (About)

The lowest pass mark posted here was eventually 17.09.

The lowest amber banded for HoP got an eventual pass mark of 17.24 (About)

The lowest immediately successful CD (at this stage) eventual pass mark was 17.72.

However, the pass marks do change looking at previous threads. To me there seems to be a lot in this thread who are unsuccessful for HoP, more so than last year. Maybe just at this stage it's a slightly higher pass mark than previously?

Also, I'm aware it's slightly neurotic to have taken the time to work that stuff out :biggrin:
Im guessing by these recent posts some people have had a change in their scheme progress page?

I am still at awaiting results (had my FSAC last Tuesday) - does this mean I am amber banded?
Original post by TomDixie
JamieinLondon last year was unsuccessful for HoP at this point and just missed out on CD with 16.91 (About)

Oh man, that would be horrific.
Unsucessful at DS and HOP, awaiting results for CD. Quite frustrated as I was hoping for a definitive result one way or the other, just so I can move on with my life!! Though having read most of this thread it seems like I'm more than likely awaiting a 'No'! Anyone have any idea when those of us in this situation might next hear back?
Unsucessful at DS and HOP, awaiting results for CD. Quite frustrated as I was hoping for a definitive result one way or the other, just so I can move on with my life!! Though having read most of this thread it seems like I'm more than likely awaiting a 'No'! Anyone have any idea when those of us in this situation might next hear back?

Seems like it will be April now.
Original post by schick_88
Im guessing by these recent posts some people have had a change in their scheme progress page?

I am still at awaiting results (had my FSAC last Tuesday) - does this mean I am amber banded?

as my FSAC was last wednesday and I got the results today I'd guess so, but keep an eye on it for the next few days.

Just for the record, no text or email alert on this one for me (have had one on all the previous updates)

EDIT - out of interest, how did they find out thier mark last year? is it on the feedback they upload in april or did they just phone in and ask?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending