The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

do you think City University will accept me if i get below a B is Chemistry.
They're requirements were lowered from ABB to just B in chem for me???
Original post by Abby_n_binx
Anybody going Bangor Uni for Diag Radiog starting Sept 2016?!?!? :smile:

I am :biggrin: not long now :smile:
Original post by schmoody18
Hi has anyone else firmed jordanstown??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have & as its close to home it be fantastic if I get results now
Anyone going sheffield
Original post by SLCmandem
Anyone going sheffield

I am:smile: there is a facebook group if you search for diagnostic radiography sheffield hallam 2016/17:smile:
Original post by Chloe.stone.
I am:smile: there is a facebook group if you search for diagnostic radiography sheffield hallam 2016/17:smile:

Im already a student at sheffield just wanted to know how many are joining a friend of mine is starting this year ill let him know about the group thanks best of luck
is there a facebook group for liverpool?
is anyone doing access course for radiography?
Original post by Abby_n_binx
Hey I'm going to Bangor but commuting. Fb is Abigail Bate - dog in display pic, add me if u wish :smile:

Sent you a friend request! I'm Elizabeth Taylor☺️
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by motley2110
There wasn't a group last year cause it's usually only two flats, I'm currently a first year Radiography Student living in the halls though, if you need to know anything, just give me a shout!

Oh okay, that does make sense! When I applied I only had the option of 10 rooms! How have you found living in halls and the course? Have you got a single bed room as that is all that has been offered to me?! ☺️
Original post by farhiyaserar
is anyone doing access course for radiography?

I did last year
Is there a Facebook group for city uni or st George's? :smile:
So I firmed Bangor and put Exeter as my insurance but wanted to change. However, Exeter are now saying their course is closed and the only way for me to get into there is by missing Bangor's grade requirements despite saying otherwise initially. UCAS said to ring back and apologise; I've been given advice by others to phone Exeter back and state why I want to go there now.

I just wondered if anyone else had any advice on the 'course being closed' line from Exeter. I don't fully understand what that means considering I've was offered a place so they must be planning for me potentially to go there.
Original post by JonCha
So I firmed Bangor and put Exeter as my insurance but wanted to change. However, Exeter are now saying their course is closed and the only way for me to get into there is by missing Bangor's grade requirements despite saying otherwise initially. UCAS said to ring back and apologise; I've been given advice by others to phone Exeter back and state why I want to go there now.

I just wondered if anyone else had any advice on the 'course being closed' line from Exeter. I don't fully understand what that means considering I've was offered a place so they must be planning for me potentially to go there.

I think 'course being closed' means that they are not taking any more students for consideration, however after A-levels results they will see how many people meet requirement and may be after that will accept more people.
Original post by melanies321
Is there a Facebook group for city uni or st George's? :smile:

I was wondering that too, especially for City :smile:
Original post by Mrs X
I think 'course being closed' means that they are not taking any more students for consideration, however after A-levels results they will see how many people meet requirement and may be after that will accept more people.

Yeah, I figured it might mean this. *It seems the likeliest option for me getting in is waiting until results day and see if they have vacancies. The bit of research I've done says that you could get into your insurance uni if a) they had places and b) your firm releases so you can get in through Clearing. Seems a bit of gamble though.

The complication I have in relation to this is that Bangor has notified UCAS that I want to swap the two unis. I wonder what would happen if Exeter had places available come results day and they notified UCAS, would the two then be swapped still? I also get my results a week before results day I think, given that I've done an Access course, though I don't suppose Exeter would know then what places they have available until the 18th.
Original post by elizabeth1213
Oh okay, that does make sense! When I applied I only had the option of 10 rooms! How have you found living in halls and the course? Have you got a single bed room as that is all that has been offered to me?! ☺️

The flats are groups of 6, this year we've had D3 and D5, which number room did you choose?

The halls have been good for what they are, the kitchen isn't too bad, has two fridges and one freezer so space usually isn't an issue, plenty of storage (new kitchens are being installed throughout). Room wise the en suites are good, although the showers can be hit and miss, all Bangor flats are single bed, which is what I have.

The course itself has been good, first few weeks I found dragged slightly but it soon flies by. If there's anything else you want to know give me a shout, or add me on Facebook - just send me a message 😊 - This goes to any new Bangor student, I'm one of your peer guides next year ☺️
Original post by Mrs X
I did last year

what uni did you apply for, and did you get in?
I have got an offer for Diagnostic Radiography from City and firmed them as my first choice. They said before that I do not need to have experience even though it is preferable. However yesterday they sent me a clinical visit form and said I mist complete it and send it back by today. Could this jepordise my offer if I do not have experience in a radiography department?! Someone please help ASAP.
Has anyone not done a clinical visit???

Quick Reply

Latest