The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingkongjaffa
That is an interesting thought I thought all the forerunners were dead though?

tbh I would rather see chief meet up with the Spartans II's on onyx at some point

BTW are there any books about the time when the forerunners created the maginot line and were about to be overrun by the flood due to mendicant bias' betrayal ?

I think the only bad bit about the halo universe is the whole prehistoric human bit about how we used to be as advanced as the forerunners but they de-evolved us. that bit sucks

Also the creation of the flood by the precursors doesn't make sense either because the forerunner beat the precursors and they had to leave the galaxy, but then magically could create a weapon to kill the forerunners (the flood ) why would they get beat in the first place ?

The prescursors created the philosophy of the "mantle", and were on tier 0 of the tech advnacement scale which means they could accelerate evolution, which is evidence for flood creation.

From the plot summary, it looks like what you said about medican bias and the magniot line, will be covered in the third greg bear book (seen as its a trilogy of cryptum, primordium and the 3rd), and is mentioned in primordium. Otherwise, the halo 3 terminals provide an insight, partularly the ones one the h3 level where you have to bring down the shields protecting the prophet of truth in the ark control room :tongue:

And yes, I agree, the whole human-forerunner thing being almots equals is off the wall, bear never mentions the covenant species or elities in the books, in Combat evolved anniversay, on the last terminal, after installation 04 is destroyed (really scraping the depths of memory here haha), if you remmeber back to h2, guilty spark meets up with the heretic elite defector, who the arbiter is sent to kill on his first mission as arbiter, the falling forunner station on the gas planet outside installation 05/delta halo?

In the last terminal of anniversay, it shows the scene where the outcast elite meets guilty spark, and guilty spark tells him "your kind have become so dramatic in last 100,000 years", which suggests the elits were once on a par with forerunners, or were atleast involved in that era, which Greg Bear left out.

Guilty spark suggest that the forerunners were wiped out, but I think this is disingenuous on his part, since right from the word go, guilty spark is always lying to the chief about what the rings are. Again with the anniversary terminals, we see that guilty spark flashes red now and again when contemplating the fact he hasn't met with the other monitors on the other rings, and had once travelled to 05, and saw that monitor (pengant 2474 I think) in rampancy because the grave mind had hold of him (remember that scene from halo 2 which shows him in the present with the arbiter and chief?), and that sent guilty off the rails a bit.

Sorry I've answered stuff in such as stupid order hahahahaha
Here's the monitor of installation 05 http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/2401_Penitent_Tangent, almost got the name right haha.

All of them are 7 squared from the other, since bungie has a thing for the number 7.
Original post by G8D
Discussion between guy I know from elsewhere on the internet and an apparent leaker http://kiwi6.com/file/68tll1ta1z

It's long and I've not finished it but still interesting.

EDIT: it get's a bit.. iffy half way through.

The kid coming out my left speaker, the hacker, has an attitude and ego problem.

Don't believe the DMR headshot thing. Killa KC was invited over to play Halo 4 by 343 - he wouldn't have not mentioned something like that. Walshy wouldn't have missed it out when he played at E3, either.

Walshy's first impressions
Walshy, Bravo, Best Man talk weapons
(edited 11 years ago)
Lots of MLG exclusive multiplayer gameplay videos:

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/playlists/109-halo-4-exclusive-look

Featuring developer and MLG gamers' commentary!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1304
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
Lots of MLG exclusive multiplayer gameplay videos:

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/playlists/109-halo-4-exclusive-look

Featuring developer and MLG gamers' commentary!

Nice :cool:
Original post by G8D
We should get some games of 3 or Reach going now it's summer and I have nothing better to do :pierre:

I'm up for some tonight, if people want.
Ambiguous guests are the best kind.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Ambiguous guests are the best kind.

Isn't that how you met your girlfriend?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Isn't that how you met your girlfriend?

I don't have a girlfriend. :ashamed2: Besides, you'd probably start flirting with her if I brought her on XBL. :pierre:
I don't have a girlfriend. :ashamed2: Besides, you'd probably start flirting with her if I brought her on XBL. :pierre:

True that.
x

Sent Steve a friend request. <3

Hope he accepts (if you didn't scare him off with your MLP singing :pierre:).
Sent Steve a friend request. <3

Hope he accepts (if you didn't scare him off with your MLP singing :pierre:).

At least I didn't reject my boyfriend because I'm embarrassed by him... :cry2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9VwKA2Ff4

They've got one of the guys working at 343 walking around with the commentator's during the play testing for interviews.

*Best man fires a rocket*
Gandhi: It went through the vent!
343: Yeah, that's a bug...
Reply 1314
Just read through the thread. Must play Halo within the next 20 minutes to avoid brain asplosion.
Original post by RyJ
Just read through the thread. Must play Halo within the next 20 minutes to avoid brain asplosion.

Welcome, fellow Scotsman. What's your gamertag? :beard:
Original post by RyJ

Halo 3. Of course.
Reply 1317

"RyJ94" :biggrin:
Reply 1318
Halo 3. Of course.

Aww, the hours I spent on foundry building stuff.

Good times.
I might make dinner soon, but other than that time period. I'm game!

Quick Reply

Latest