The Student Room Group

What is your pet's name?

Scroll to see replies

Dogs - Alfie & Jazz

Cats - Socks & Riley
Reply 21
Cookie - yes i chose it because she is a tortie kitten and looks like a chocolate chip cookie :smile:

My mum's westie is called Molly - she did not pick it, it was already named that when she collected her.
My dog is called Mitzi :P
Cats:

Hugo & Dinsdale (brother and sister) Got them before I was born and both died of old age.

Dusty & Dylan (Also sister and brother, non pedigree, got them as kittens from the Cat Protection League). Only Dusty still alive. Dylan got in a fight with a fox and lost.
My cat's name is Meatball :smile:
We call him Meaty for short but when he's being naughty he is Meatball.
He's a gorgeous ragdoll cat so the name really suits him
2 black labs, one called Moja (boy) and one callled Taatu (my little rescue girl whose crazy now!!)

some chickens, the cockrel's called sparky, then theres maizy, indie, jamelia (jamin), shadow (also known as punky as her feather stick up in the rain) isabella and eloise and now 2 chicks.... there was Will and Cate (they were born on the 29th) but then Cate died and ginger nut was born so will has ginger nut :smile:

oh and a goldfish from the fair.... must be about 4 years old now called Didi.... dunno why .... i just thought it up :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by balface
Socks is adorable!

To answer the OP, mine is called Lily because we thought it was a pretty name for a gorgeous dog! For our next dog, we're going to call her Xena though because it's just awesome!

The kitty in my sig is not mine sadly but I will upload pics when I figure out how. Annoyingly photobucket is not working!
Reply 27
My cats are Tetley and Alan :smile: Tetley had the name before we got her, and it suits her - but Alan her brother, was called fluffy which didn't suit a grumpy looking cat. I dunno how my mum came up with Alan but it's cute :smile:

I also had 2 called Mulder and Scully (RIP) who were black and ginger :smile: and another 2 called Django and Kato, Django after my grandad's favourite jazz musician and Kato because my mum thought he was a girl, as he was the smallest of the litter, so he was Kate until the vet told her he was a boy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Dutch - Dog... I wanted to call him duke and my partner wanted to call him butch so it was a meeting point
Morague the hamster :smile: I like the 'ue' on the end but usually I don't put it, forget to! Doesn't matter because I don't write about my hamster much.
Sort of after Katie Morag but also because it's a fab name. If I am ever in charge of naming a child (and I can see very few situations where that would happen with my permittance, mind), it will be Morag. Or Laska, my other hamster's name. Or Arkady, which will be my future hamster's name. Or Leif. For me half the fun of having a child would be digging around for names (probably says more about my total absence of natural maternal instinct than anything else, though)!

But he is adorable, and v. clever.
He's brown and is starting to get some white hairs on his little face. He looks like a mole.
(edited 12 years ago)
Dog- Danny. He was called that when we got him but we didn't change it as it really suits him :smile:

Goldfish- Sven and Toby, although I've been through many names with previous ones (Hermes, Pigwidgeon, Mika, Chip, Freya, Silver and Hai-Yook are the ones I can think of off the top of my head).

Rabbit (deceased)- Licky, short for Liquorice. Awesome bunny but very fruity, shame he never had a wife.

Cat (deceased)- Eric

Hamsters (deceased)- Thunder, Snip, Snap, Storm (actually he was a gerbil), Tempest
Reply 31
Original post by I<3LAMP
The kitty in my sig is not mine sadly but I will upload pics when I figure out how. Annoyingly photobucket is not working!

Oooh yes I know, that was a poor kitty who got abandoned in a building site and got caught up in red cement pigment or something...
I was just saying that Socks is an excellent name!
Reply 32
A have a jack russel cross collie called Jack, and a tabby cat called Tabby.
Talk about the height of imaginative names!
Badonkadonk and Chinwag
I have two hamsters. One is called fatty and one is called skinny (no joke). Do you really need me to explain why I chose those particular names?
Reply 35
I have a hamster called Lonnie =]
Reply 36
I have two dogs called Kelpie and Ligg :smile: Ligg came already-named, and Kelpie was called 'Puppy', so we had to find something that sounded similar.
Reply 37
I "had" (don't really believe in the concept of "owning" a life) a dog who had 28 names. He responded to each and every one of them. He was great. The one I used the most to call him was "Dog" though.
A photo of my 4 pets. I think this picture shows you which of the animals is the dominant one in the house!

Dudley is the brown one on the left. Called Dudley because his breed tends to looks like an old man! He is a Basset Fauve de Bretagne.

Lucky is the small brown one at the back, she is a a Jack Russel cross something, we don't know what the second half of the cross is!

Bob is the black puppy, he is a Basset Hound cross Springer Spaniel and is called Bob because he is Bob the Basset!

Last but not least, the ginger bugger on the right is Tigger.
Reply 39
I don't have one :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest