The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Postgrad student I.D. number and email address - should we have these yet?

Hi all,

I have firmly accepted my offer on Project Management MSc at Lacaster for 2009/2010, and yet nothing seems to be happening.

I sent the documentation they requested confirming my undergrad grade, and yet I have had no confirmation yet. Even the online application system still says 'firmly accepted' and not 'confirmed' or something similar.

When I contacted my department they told me they are prioritising foreign students because of visas etc (which I completely understand) but I have recieved nothing from Lancaster itself yet confirming my place.

I am also concerned about email address; should I have this by now? Should I recieve it with my confirmation?

Also, has anybody from MSc Project Management yet recieved a reading list or any emails or letters about... well... anything?

And to anybody who has experience of this in previous years; what happened with you? Is this similar to your experiences (with time-scales etc)?

Thanks all.
Reply 1
i doubt you will get more than yout acceptance letter soon..

email addresses are not generated untill about 1-2 weeks before you arrive, and your student number will be your library card number, again, that will not get generated for a few weeks yet..

dont worry too much... as long as they know you are coming all it good!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
athamas
i doubt you will get more than yout acceptance letter soon..

email addresses are not generated untill about 1-2 weeks before you arrive, and your student number will be your library card number, again, that will not get generated for a few weeks yet..

dont worry too much... as long as they know you are coming all it good!

Thanks, I was just getting concerned. It seems aweful late to leave all this stuff; especially since I have had nothing in the way of official confirmation even though they assure me I have been accepted. I just hope everyone in my situation has phoned them to speak to them so they know what is happening for certain.

Latest

Trending

Trending