The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Open days show you very little. Any uni can spend money and make the place look nice and put on a good show, but that doesn't mean the teaching is good, the facilities are actually good eg labs/library etcs.

Rankings take into account a wide range of criteria like students teach ratio, graduate prospects, average degree class etc, all stuff you won't find out on open days.

Rankings change alot anyway, **** them, go where you want and be happy.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Because it's crap?
It's ranked so low because it's rubbish, get DMUsed to it :biggrin:
Reply 4
Tbh, **** what people say and what people have rated it. At the end of the day it will be you who will have to study at the university and if it's a place that suits your grades and you liked the look of it, enjoyed the open days and can imagine yourself being happy there, go for it.
I know lots of people who have gone with very highly ranked uni's who have hated it. It's not all determined by how many points a university scores, thats my opinion anyway.
Because it's bad
Reply 6
League Tables mean nothing. Go to the uni YOU are happy with, and not the one some pompous twit who sits around in his stuffy office all day making league tables, decided was 'the best' because its not an ex-poly.

DMU has a lot to offer, enjoy it. :smile:
Reply 7
Because it is so close to Leicester Uni so, people who get the high grades go their leaving the less so good to go to DMU. Its a good uni! It's probably ranked so low because it's full of lazy foreigners.
Kelly08
League Tables mean nothing. Go to the uni YOU are happy with, and not the one some pompous twit who sits around in his stuffy office all day making league tables, decided was 'the best' because its not an ex-poly.

DMU has a lot to offer, enjoy it. :smile:

whats an ex-poly?
Reply 9
Some people are so rude. Try learning some manners and emotional intelligence.
There are way too many insults flying around here, we dont even know what course hes doing there. Typical TSR unless your at least at a top 20 uni you might aswell not go uni..
awwww people are being a bit mean to the OP. OP you're probably doing a vocational course and apparently DMU is quite good for vocational courses.The Unis that are higher up the league tables offer more traditional subjects like law, medicine, english, history etc. Those universities have been around for a long time and therefore have a better reputation etc. If you like DMU go for it! Have fun in Septemeber :yep:
Barz
Going to uni this year. DMU 2009 BABY cant wait

took a gap year to earn some moniez but all my moniez gone so now i wanna bum about at UNI for 3 years

Because it's full of people like this guy.
well they actually have to advertise on television...

...good universities are over subscribed and would be wasting precious funds on advertising they really didn't need
Reply 14
i've always wondered this as well,

basically dmu is a 'hype' uni...all the boys from the ends go there as well as other unis of its kind i.e luton, herfordshire etc etc 80% or more of it students are people who if it wasn't for unis of this kind would not have gone to uni at all. Tho i must say it is really fun up there the parties clubs etc really lovely, but if you look at it in a different light i.e a degree is a degree and thats got to be better than nothing then you will find DMU gives you want you want a degree and chances at job offers, just make sure your at the top of your game because most courses are competitive even to just get an interview...work hard play harder!!
caus its hemp init

dont wory, atleast you are going to uni
Reply 16
Eddie_90
well they actually have to advertise on television...

...good universities are over subscribed and would be wasting precious funds on advertising they really didn't need

thats bull sh** there are really good unis that advert, plus i haven't seen any uni advert on tv, so i don't know what channel your watching, uni's thats i've seen advertise using i.e posters, leaflets etc etc are southampton, exeter, reading there are more most uni do advertise they just use different methods. You can't say uni's that advertise are rubbish because thats exactly what your saying in other words
Reply 17
JohnnytheFox
Because it's full of people like this guy.

LOL.

Don't you just LOVE the internet!
Reply 18
dumb manz uni innit
Anything that isn't Oxbridge looks bad on TSR, OP. Don't worry about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending