The Student Room Group

Circumcision

So last night was going to be the first time me and my girlfriend had "shacked up" :wink: (mods, this isnt going dodgy I promise). And leading up to the deed, she freaked out. Im circumcised see, and I hadnt really been able to drop it into conversation. Upon noticing it, well her reaction wasnt particularly favourable.

Is it really so bad to be circumcised? (In case you wonder, i had it done for medical reasons, not religeous) Girls, if you found that you guy was, would it be a big deal, guys, Am I the only one?

And should it be something to make explicit to a girlfriend before we do...it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Woah I'm relieved. I thought it was the other way round (after watching too much Sex and the city :rolleyes: )

Does it really matter if condoms are used?

Motherless Child
Lol, i think it was ur girlfriend's first time and she doesnt have enough experience.. Circumcision is really healty, clean and cool..
Reply 3
Hold on - can someone please big up the 'shrink wrapped' look?

Motherless Child
i agree....i prefer circumcised guys, it looks less freaky (yes i know its natural yadda yadda..) and it's cleaner etc.

tho to be fair the first time i saw an uncircumcised penis..i freaked out slighty.

don't let it worry you
Reply 5
Hameedtarin
Lol, i think it was ur girlfriend's first time and she doesnt have enough experience.. Circumcision is really healty, clean and cool..

Weve had sexual parners before. She would have been my second, i was able to let the first one know
Reply 6
To be honest I've never been with a guy who was circumsized... but bearing in mind it's far more hygeinic i'm all for it!!
Reply 7
It's no more hygeinic than a bloke who washes it daily, like all men should anyway....

Motherless Child
well true, but its more hygenic than an uncircumcised penis..
Reply 9
Hameedtarin
well true, but its more hygenic than an uncircumcised penis..

Contradiction

Motherless Child
Reply 10
I'm personally not circumcised, but it's supposed to be cleaner (although I really don't understand how) and every one of my mates I know is and every girl they meet never has a problem. Probably just an experience thing. She'll get used to it and start loving it! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Can't say it bothers me - after all it's not like you would've had much say in the matter most likely, so it can't be your fault.
walshie
I'm personally not circumcised, but it's supposed to be cleaner (although I really don't understand how)

If you have no foreskin you don't get the crap that collects beneath it if not cleaned :wink:
Reply 13
I prefer circumcised, I'm not really sure what there is to freak out over though.
SammyD
I prefer circumcised, I'm not really sure what there is to freak out over though.

Ditto all 3 boyfs have been...which is either lucky or its more common than we think.

the other two guys weren't tho...one of which it was well..scary :eek:
never been with someone who was.. i cant see a reason to freak tho... its not like your gonna spend alot of time looking at it.....
Reply 16
Im not sure i have seen an UN circumsized one so i don't know.

But if i did i wouldn't be as rude as to freak out over it..

It would be their favourite posession and would be like them freaking out over my hair or something!
Reply 17
I "encountered" (!) my first circumcised one with my new boyfriend a few weeks back. And I gotta admit at first I was abit weird about it, just because it wasnt what I was used to. Because of that I was at first a lil reluctant to do anything with him purely because I didnt know if there was a different way i should be doing it now! So maybe that just scared her abit, they are quite different!

But now I got to say I am now converted and much prefer men circumcised!
Circumcision is a little bit cleaner, and a little bit less likely to transmit STDs. But push comes to shove they don't look that different when erect really do they, and all nobs have an air of sillyness when flaccid.
Hence i can't see how anyone could be 'freaked out' by one.
As for cleanliness, well if you like a guy because of has a ough around the edges look, unshaven, bit grubby...expect the grubbyness all over ya?
Reply 19
i wouldn't know the difference...i dont really pay attention to my boyfriends. what is the difference in how they look?

Latest