The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't, I think it's sick to mutilate a baby when they cannot possibly object to it because or your religion.

It's like saying "hey, I believe in something for which there is no proof, why don't I cut my son's middle finger off" or something.
Reply 61
Hameedtarin
lol.. most of the ppl dont do it coz of the religious reasons.. and its in religions because its hygenic.. i am not religious at all and i dont believe in it, but i think its a good thing to circumcise..

Well if people do it voluntarily then they obviously need their heads examined. What kind of idiot would put a knife to their penis??? ONe wrong move and you can kiss the chances of having kids goodbye!
Reply 62
mik1w
I don't, I think it's sick to mutilate a baby when they cannot possibly object to it because or your religion.

It's like saying "hey, I believe in something for which there is no proof, why don't I cut my son's middle finger off" or something.

Precisely, while I don't have a problem with religion per se, I do have a problem with any religion which states that one has to mutilate oneself in order to be a member of said religion. Of course the most objectionable thing about these religions is they actively promote the mutilation of babies when they may not want to even be a member of the religion and can't say no. The babies have their human rights violated to the most extreme because of religious dogma. That is not right at all
Reply 63
i prefer it tbh
SciFi25
Precisely, while I don't have a problem with religion per se, I do have a problem with any religion which states that one has to mutilate oneself in order to be a member of said religion. Of course the most objectionable thing about these religions is they actively promote the mutilation of babies when they may not want to even be a member of the religion and can't say no. The babies have their human rights violated to the most extreme because of religious dogma. That is not right at all

It should be like certain churches required you to be above a certain age before you can be baptised, you have to be a certain age to consent to being circumcised.
SciFi25

here here,i think that joining any sort of religion should be left to the indivdual; so that when their old enough they can make an informed decsion rather than being forced into it by parents.
Reply 66
undercover-ange
It's in the old testament- God insists on it. Absolutely no idea why though! x
cos he's a ******?

also I thought you need lube to masturbate.. that must be quite annoying.
mik1w
cos he's a ******?

also I thought you need lube to masturbate.. that must be quite annoying.

God obviously didn't think it through ;-) x
Personally I think they're ugly.

I'd just zip you straight back up.

Yeah, circumcised isn't my 'thing'.
Reply 69
why are people so against it? its cleaner for a start
Reply 70
Audrey Tautou

that is so damn shallow im sure guys find things about you a turn off to :rolleyes:
Audrey Tautou

Penises in general are ugly
Reply 72
undercover-ange
God obviously didn't think it through ;-) x

because in hot countries disease and infection spread quicked so it would stop that and its considered cleaner which it is
ok, can we all stop beating up other people's religions, its rude! Would you let me come into your house and start slagging off your parents? coz thats how people see their God's! I would think at your ages you might have managed to grow brains and enough maturity to respect people's beliefs!
Reply 74
Shelbycakes
here here,i think that joining any sort of religion should be left to the indivdual; so that when their old enough they can make an informed decsion rather than being forced into it by parents.

Yep, though I was baptised as a baby (by mu grandfather) I do not mind that at all as it has left no permanent damage! Though I would be seriously p***ed off with my dad if I had been circumcised. How can guys who have had it done without their permission be so calm about it?? Your rights were violated and you were mutilated!! It doesn't matter if you think it is for the best, you should still be angry over the massive presumption your parents made. I for one would not even christen my children. I would be happy for them to do it if they want but It would be their choice and not one dictated by me or society in general.
that is so damn shallow im sure guys find things about you a turn off to

Au contraire.

I'm not circumcised.
SciFi25
Well if people do it voluntarily then they obviously need their heads examined. What kind of idiot would put a knife to their penis??? ONe wrong move and you can kiss the chances of having kids goodbye!

You are aware that doctors conduct even eye surgeries right?
Reply 77
Most men in the UK aren't circumcized, whereas in the US the vast majority are. I don't think an uncircumcized man is necessarily less hygienic down there, as long as they wash properly.
Reply 78
Lauren Hart
ok, can we all stop beating up other people's religions, its rude! Would you let me come into your house and start slagging off your parents? coz thats how people see their God's! I would think at your ages you might have managed to grow brains and enough maturity to respect people's beliefs!

No one is bashing religions here, especially not me, I am just stating the fact that I find some religions views on circumcision objectionable and possibly in breach of the Human Rights laws that we have in our wonderful country due to the huge violation of babies rights. Oh and don't even get me started on how objectionable i find the part of some religions which believe in female circumcision (that is the removal of the clitoris).
Reply 79
Michael Mourao
You are aware that doctors conduct even eye surgeries right?

You are aware that some doctors have been known to turn up to operations drunk???

Latest