The Student Room Group

Am i doing the right thing?

I have only just started my degree and already im having second thoughts. After gaining reasonably good A-Levels (BBB), i have started studying Sport and Exercise Science. Even though it is freshers week still, im unsure if ive made the right choice.

So far i havent been enjoying the student life and im seriously doubting my reasoning for starting the course, ie being told im too intelligent to not do a degree and ill never get anywhere without one!

I have no idea what im going to do as a career after, especially with a sports science degree. I feel i would be much happier pursuing a career as a chef as it is something that ive always wanted to do, but have always been told that id just be wasting my life doing that.

arghhhhhhhhhh help me!
Reply 1
change to a food tech course?
stick with it

or as above says see if you can change to a course more to your liking and what you want to do :yep:

i wouldn't drop out just yet
Look around at courses at the same uni see if you like anything if so maybe you could change?
Reply 4
FranticMind
Look around at courses at the same uni see if you like anything if so maybe you could change?

appreciate the help, but its uni in general that im unsure of. i feel like im doing a degree for the sake of it whereas i may be happier doing something else.
Reply 5
give it a term and see if you feel the same way
good luck
Hmmmm then I agree stick at it for a bit if you don't like it then do what makes you happy!

Latest

Trending

Trending