The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Cambridge, like almost all top universities do not care about the UCAS tarrif and choose to judge you by other means, specifically grades and module marks.
Reply 3
lol most people going to Cambridge will have straight As in at least 3 A-levels (many will have 4 or even 5!) with an A or two at AS as well! I know someone who had AAAB at A-level and got in as his offer was AAA. Why do you want to know anyway? Just look at Uni ranking tables, they tell you the average UCAS points for each uni!
Reply 5
2-1
TheUnbeliever

that website isn't reliable imo.

they state that 31% of students at cambridge get 600+ UCAS points, that is kinda ridiculous? thats the equivalent of 5 A's at A level or 4 A*'s at A level and an A in an AS

does this bare any resemblance?
Terrorfication

they state that 31% of students at cambridge get 600+ UCAS points, that is kinda ridiculous? thats the equivalent of 5 A's at A level or 4 A*'s at A level and an A in an AS

Mmm, I think it's about right to be honest...
Reply 8
Terrorfication

Most of the people I know at Cambridge have 600+ UCAS points. The statistic you quote surprises me only insofar as I expected it to maybe be higher than 31%.
Terrorfication

Seems not unreasonable. I have more than 600 UCAS points, and I wouldn't be an unusual Scottish applicant (5xA at Higher, 4xA at Advanced Higher).
I'm at the other place, but I think it's similar and I'd say people here generally have 450-550 points, often more for sciences because further maths is generally a given. That is to say, 3-5 A levels at A with 4-6 AS levels. Obviously the average will go up when they bring in A*s. Personally I've got about 600 (thanks to the Scottish qualifications system rather than my genius).
BJack
Most of the people I know at Cambridge have 600+ UCAS points. The statistic you quote surprises me only insofar as I expected it to maybe be higher than 31%.

how many do you have and what for?
Reply 12
Terrorfication
how many do you have and what for?

I'm not at Cambridge, but most of the people I know there have 600+ UCAS points because most of them took at least 5 A levels. With AEAs and music exams too, it's not difficult to get past 600.

Latest

Trending

Trending