The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 1
IF the predicted grade was a B in english then mostl ikely, not sure if you'll get away with a C in english but no harm in trying. I needed an ABB to get on my course but got in with BBC
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Barton1
IF the predicted grade was a B in english then mostl ikely, not sure if you'll get away with a C in english but no harm in trying. I needed an ABB to get on my course but got in with BBC

With BBC predicted grades you mean?, what course was it by the way?
Reply 3
rurounikenji
With BBC predicted grades you mean?, what course was it by the way?

I think what Barton 1 means is that the uni require a B in English and as you are predicted a C, your chances are lower than if you were predicted a B in it and say a C in another subject.

However, don't dispair. Leicester are usually much more leniant than other places (although they are getting less so). When I applied in 2007, I'm not sure what I was exactly predicted but got CCDDD at AS so not predicted very high. My course (history) wanted BBB.

I was given an offer of BBB and went on to get AABC!

I wouldn't worry too much, and good luck.
Reply 4
thanks everyone for the advice, i really hope i get a conditional offer at least, because i really want to do this course. Anyone else been in this sort of postion before ?
Reply 5
hi guys it seems i made a misake my predicted grades are BCC
Reply 6
What do you think you'll realistically get?
Try and persuade your teachers that you are capable of achieving those grades BBB.
Reply 7
Tombola
What do you think you'll realistically get?
Try and persuade your teachers that you are capable of achieving those grades BBB.

They won't change it for anyone and being real bitches atm. I have already sent off the application last week, so fingers corssed. And also if leciester does somtimes bend the rules a bit like they have done in the past before i think may stand a chance hopefully. i really want to go to study that course there. And i emailed the head of that department who i think also does some of the admissions or something, wheni thouugh i was predicted BBC and he said although they accpet BBB,i also stand a chance due to my PS. I think my PS is quite good tbh and from what people have told me. I will still email the guy about my new found predicted grades situation and ask him for his opinon. Any opinions on my sitaution guys?

Latest

Trending

Trending