The Student Room Group

Qualifications for GDL

Hi there!

I'm currently an undergrad business student at an international university and i'll be graduating this coming December.. I was hoping to apply for the GDL, but read that the minimum entry requirement was a second lower honours..
I'm not intending to stay for honours year so i'll be graduating with only a bachelors degree. UK NARIC says my degree will only be comparable to a British Bachelor Ordinary Degree Standard.

Any idea on the possibility of the Bar Standards Board offering me the Certificate of Academic Standing? If they reject, does that mean the only route for me now would be to go through the whole undergrad route again for a law degree?

Would appreciate any help I can get! Thanks! (:
Reply 1
There was a similar question on here a few days back. You need to contact the Bar Council who will be able to tell you whether or not your degree is acceptable for the GDL.
Reply 2
Original post by jasmin.khlin
Hi there!

I'm currently an undergrad business student at an international university and i'll be graduating this coming December.. I was hoping to apply for the GDL, but read that the minimum entry requirement was a second lower honours..
I'm not intending to stay for honours year so i'll be graduating with only a bachelors degree. UK NARIC says my degree will only be comparable to a British Bachelor Ordinary Degree Standard.

Any idea on the possibility of the Bar Standards Board offering me the Certificate of Academic Standing? If they reject, does that mean the only route for me now would be to go through the whole undergrad route again for a law degree?

Would appreciate any help I can get! Thanks! (:

Hi I know it is very late so apologies for bumping in late, but I would be so glad for your assistance. As currently I gradyate with a Ordinary standard degree, however I need a Certificate of Academic Standing from the BSB too I have been accepted on the GDL but the BSB approval is very important. So could you get accepted with a Ordinary degree ?? Thanks !:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending