The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I Have No Imagination
Aahahaha, Iam locked in my room, but this laptop is so evil, I really want to lock it away, but I need it for revision. :'(

Haha, I'm exactly the same: on it no matter what I do, be it revise, eat....sleep:lolwut: :laugh: :p:
If you ever need any specific help though [ sure you don't, I bet it's just actual revising that's the problem, but anyway, if you do ] then you can have my MSN, I'm always on it - no surprise :rolleyes: :smile: :yes: :eek3: :sad: :woo: :cool: :h:
Reply 21
I haven't started revising either, but I doubt I ever will until the night before, so instead of posting this thread, why not go and revise?
Malsy
Haha, I'm exactly the same: on it no matter what I do, be it revise, eat....sleep:lolwut: :laugh: :p:
If you ever need any specific help though [ sure you don't, I bet it's just actual revising that's the problem, but anyway, if you do ] then you can have my MSN, I'm always on it - no surprise :rolleyes: :smile: :yes: :eek3: :sad: :woo: :cool: :h:

LOL. Ahww yay thank you, yeah that will be useful, MSN revision ahaha. I'll PM you. :biggrin: :biggrin:
I Have No Imagination
I've got 5 exams in January, two of which are retakes. I still haven't done anything, I'm trying to do chemistry right now but I just feel as if it's too late and there's no point in me revising. :bawling:

I really need AAAAB in those 5 exams, but me and stupid self have left it to this time yet again. Has ANYONE actually achieved As with like a month until their first of 5 or more exams?? :frown: :frown:

a) start revising

b) stop worrying

c) a month is ages
Reply 24
Miss Purple

i think its too late for revision notes, so probably the best thing to do would be to "be practical"

It isn't, it really isn't.
I Have No Imagination
I've got 5 exams in January, two of which are retakes. I still haven't done anything, I'm trying to do chemistry right now but I just feel as if it's too late and there's no point in me revising. :bawling:

I really need AAAAB in those 5 exams, but me and stupid self have left it to this time yet again. Has ANYONE actually achieved As with like a month until their first of 5 or more exams?? :frown: :frown:

:yes:

So you've got plenty of time. But if you're so worried, why are you wasting more time on TSR?
Ah bless. I remember the days when I was worried about January re-takes and revision.

In all seriousness, don't stress - work hard for a couple of weeks and spend a week on past papers. That should be more than enough. Just make sure you focus and don't make the same mistakes again.
Starting revision already? Damn, I never realised people worked that hard. i don't think I've ever started revising more than a couple weeks before my exams. I always thought that was enough time assuming you'd done some work during term time. It's not like you should be teaching yourself stuff, it's just refreshing the memory, no?

Also, never worry. That'll do you no favours at all.
TWF
It isn't, it really isn't.

it is if she still wants to have a life
Reply 29
I havn't even finished course content for exams in jan nevermind revise :smile:
Reply 30
Miss Purple
it is if she still wants to have a life

Ok lol. I'd rather procrastinate-->no life-->get good grades.

Really, there's quite alot of time, all that matters is how you use you're time.
Reply 31
Seriously, you have loads of time. Start in the Christmas holidays...it's perfect because you have 2 weeks to really get your act together. Instead of planning your revision according to time, plan it according to how many topics you have to cover. So do like a few topics a day. Have a break on christmas day/new years though. You'll be fine. Do loads of past papers as well! (Especially for the sciences, memorising mark schemes is a god-send)..good luck!
I Have No Imagination

You have loads of time. Chill out!!!!!!

you still have a month+

Get going with it, and you'll find you have plenty of time. I found 3-4days of revision was sufficient per exam. you have over 30days. and only 5 exams - not all the exams are on the same day as well. that still leaves you 6days per exam....

so breathe okay?
innerhollow
It sounds like you're just trying to justify your unwillingness to revise by pretending to be scared and demoralised. For god's sakes, you are not too late. Barely anyone at my school has started revising, even the people will get straight As. But if you think you'll need it, START REVISING NOW! Quit complaining and go revise something. Do you honestly think that by complaining about it some deity will take pity on you and give you your desired grades?

Or you know you can always refuse to revise, keep moaning, and do badly in your exams. The fact is, if you want good exam results you need to put in the work. If you try and come up with reasons not to, you'll suffer.

lol. I think everyone has reacted to OP in a similar way...

as you've said all of xmas holls and they don't even start straight away after that.. my Jan ones were really spread out. had a whole week between chem and bio...
Um, well. Good luck with that.

Spoiler

Latest