The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm taking a gap year and reapplying for Pure Chemistry.

I <3 Chemistry.
I had a sudden change of heart last week.
Reply 2
I've already taken a gap year.

But I have an interview with UCL for Biochemistry. If I actually end up having to do Biochemistry I'll be so ****** off... ¬¬
Reply 3
I'm already on a gap year, so hopefully that won't be necessary :grin: I'm applying outside the uk too so I should, cross fingers, get in somewhere :woo:
Maria91
I'm already on a gap year, so hopefully that won't be necessary :grin: I'm applying outside the uk too so I should, cross fingers, get in somewhere :woo:

To where else have you applied, out of curiosity?
Definitely reapply next year. Also would like to do some voluntary work in South America during the year!
Reply 6
magnificentduke
To where else have you applied, out of curiosity?

Norway, Denmark, possibly Ireland :smile:
Reply 7
portsmouth, southampton, cardiff.

£1 day trips either way!

good winter days out.
Maria91

I'm guessing you speak one or both of those languages? (all those scandanavian type languages are basically the same thing!)

Stealing my place in Ireland ffs :mad:
Reply 9
with 3 A's reapply.
less than 3 A's probably chemistry.
Reply 10
Maria91

you fluent in all those languages?
Reply 11
choongsta
I've already taken a gap year.

But I have an interview with UCL for Biochemistry. If I actually end up having to do Biochemistry I'll be so ****** off... ¬¬

If you weren't to be given a place at a med school, why not take another year off? It's only one year.
Reply 12
The irish system works very differently to ucas. Trinity are looking for like 4 A's at A2 for a lot of courses. Not sure about the other big irish uni's thought.

And most of the courses taught in Ireland are in english. Others in europe could be little harder to follow
Reply 13
T kay
If you weren't to be given a place at a med school, why not take another year off? It's only one year.

Generally universities frown on people who have taken two years out.

And personally, I just want to get into university somewhere. I couldn't take another gap year, they're expensive too.

Biochemistry would probably be the next best thing then if I still want to do Medicine I can apply as a postgraduate
Reply 14
If i get AAA, then reapply. If not then it's Biology for me :smile:

But either way I'm having a gap year... I never put a 5th choice :/
Reply 15
choongsta
Generally universities frown on people who have taken two years out.

Do they? Where have you heard this from?

choongsta

And personally, I just want to get into university somewhere. I couldn't take another gap year, they're expensive too.

You could get a job for a few months and that will see you through the year.
I think I'm taking a gap year... To write my personal statement. Chronic procrastination got the better of me and it seems I have no choice if I do wanna do med (missed bmat/ukcat etc.)... I'll probably apply for a couple of science courses soon though, just in case I don't fluke A levels like I did ASes... Otherwise my fall back is international rockstar.
Marcus_Q
If i get AAA, then reapply. If not then it's Biology for me :smile:

But either way I'm having a gap year... I never put a 5th choice :/

Yeah.. Same.
Reply 18
Magician
you fluent in all those languages?

Yep :smile: I'm half Danish, half Norwegian. :h:
gap year, do something truly awesome , reapply.

Latest

Trending

Trending