The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i'm no superman
we party hard. allow the migraine skank - it's all about the handwash skank! six steps yo! she be tripppppin' mhmmmmm! :hand: :plz2:

tuesday and friday nights are insane.

:rofl:

Just let midnight come by so I can bend you over a table whilst repping you with my long winding carbon chain stethoscope.

:biggrin:

OP...:party:
Woody.

How do you find that? Are there other people you can chat to in the uni that don't go out or do you find yourself on your own in the halls? Because I think I'd be much like you in respect to clubbing/drinking at uni.

Ummm... My favourite flatmate doesn't go out clubbing either so I'm not lonely - and I have other hobbies about 3 or 4 days a week that aren't clubbing to fill the time. I'm naturally kind of lazy with doing things, so if I went out clubbing the whole time I'd probably be too apathetic to do anything else during the week :p:

I talk a lot on the internet to my boyfriend too :o:

I don't actually hang out that much with the other medics though I have good medic friends :smile:

It seems as though there are clubbers and there are teetotallers and then people who don't object to drinking but just don't like it that much are a bit of a rare breed :p:

ADVANTAGES: Time for other things, don't feel constantly knackered, think of the money, THE MONEY!

DISADVANTAGES: I'm too biased to mention any :p:
seriously when the migraine skank is played at clubs like ministry, everyone goes nuts with some crazy migraine dance...and then you have the medics in their own circle doing the handwash skank. only in tooting and george's riiight? :gah:

SHOW ME HOW YOU GEEEEET DOWN
TWO HANDS
PALM TO PALM
PALM TO BACCK
BETWEEN DOSE FINGERS AND INTERLOCK
BACK OF FINGERS
SHOW ME HOW YOU WASH THUMBS
SHOW ME SHOW ME THOSE TIPS IN THE AIR
WAVE THEM AROUND LIKE YOU DONT CARE
ONE TWO TAKE YOUR RIGHT HAND
TAKE YOUR LEFT HAND
SHOW ME THE HANDWASH SKAAAAANK

:getmecoat:
Kreuzuerk
If those applicants that you're referring to had any sense about them, they'd surely realise that the OP's question was not directed at them. Similarly, I'm sure current medics are also able to read threads outside of their sub-forum and so there's no need to barge in there.

And also I meant trite. Look it up.

Trite is not a noun

op; a bit probably 3 times a week
Holy ****...
Reply 45
BeanofJelly
Ummm... My favourite flatmate doesn't go out clubbing either so I'm not lonely - and I have other hobbies about 3 or 4 days a week that aren't clubbing to fill the time. I'm naturally kind of lazy with doing things, so if I went out clubbing the whole time I'd probably be too apathetic to do anything else during the week :p:

I talk a lot on the internet to my boyfriend too :o:

I don't actually hang out that much with the other medics though I have good medic friends :smile:

It seems as though there are clubbers and there are teetotallers and then people who don't object to drinking but just don't like it that much are a bit of a rare breed :p:

ADVANTAGES: Time for other things, don't feel constantly knackered, think of the money, THE MONEY!

DISADVANTAGES: I'm too biased to mention any :p:

Awesome, I'm actually so glad to hear that people like you exist in med school and uni generally. Thanks for that (:
Woody.
Awesome, I'm actually so glad to hear that people like you exist in med school and uni generally. Thanks for that (:

There really are plenty of people who would rather watch a film or go out for a meal or something instead of going clubbing every night, there's no need to worry about fitting in in that respect.
Reply 47
Degausser
There really are plenty of people who would rather watch a film or go out for a meal or something instead of going clubbing every night, there's no need to worry about fitting in in that respect.

Having spoke to like 3 current medics during work XP, I really had the impression that they all are party animals :p: .
Reply 48
Degausser

Thats good to hear!
I like going out but once a week. Once every two weeks. Not 3 times a week, bloody hell, I don't have the energy or the liver strength :o:
i'm no superman
seriously when the migraine skank is played at clubs like ministry, everyone goes nuts with some crazy migraine dance...and then you have the medics in their own circle doing the handwash skank. only in tooting and george's riiight? :gah:

SHOW ME HOW YOU GEEEEET DOWN
TWO HANDS
PALM TO PALM
PALM TO BACCK
BETWEEN DOSE FINGERS AND INTERLOCK
BACK OF FINGERS
SHOW ME HOW YOU WASH THUMBS
SHOW ME SHOW ME THOSE TIPS IN THE AIR
WAVE THEM AROUND LIKE YOU DONT CARE
ONE TWO TAKE YOUR RIGHT HAND
TAKE YOUR LEFT HAND
SHOW ME THE HANDWASH SKAAAAANK

:getmecoat:

lmao
lekky
Thats good to hear!
I like going out but once a week. Once every two weeks. Not 3 times a week, bloody hell, I don't have the energy or the liver strength :o:

You will, you will...
Liver strength improves with practice. I just got home and was horrified at the lack of wine.

Last year, it was about twice a week, out at Tiger or Liquid, or 4/5 nights a week in Freshers/Refreshers/Week after exams. This year, it's been about once a week.

Hungover + diathermy smell is not a great combo, though. You quickly discover the mother of all hangover cures :yes:
Reply 52
Becca-Sarah
Liver strength improves with practice. I just got home and was horrified at the lack of wine.

Last year, it was about twice a week, out at Tiger or Liquid, or 4/5 nights a week in Freshers/Refreshers/Week after exams. This year, it's been about once a week.

Hungover + diathermy smell is not a great combo, though. You quickly discover the mother of all hangover cures

The maximum I managed was 4 nights out a week in term time last year. usually sports night + one other. The thing is you can't really afford it, both financially and in terms of writing off the next day.

Drink port, never gives hangovers.
Wangers
The maximum I managed was 4 nights out a week in term time last year. usually sports night + one other. The thing is you can't really afford it, both financially and in terms of writing off the next day.

Drink port, never gives hangovers.

But port?!?! Now that I can't afford. And I know of no bar in Aberdeen that would sell it!

I went to the MedSoc xmas party on Wednesday (before my 8am start in theatres :rolleyes: ) and only spent £3! 75p vodka mixers plus very generous wine-buying friends :yes:
Becca-Sarah
But port?!?! Now that I can't afford. And I know of no bar in Aberdeen that would sell it!

I went to the MedSoc xmas party on Wednesday (before my 8am start in theatres :rolleyes: ) and only spent £3! 75p vodka mixers plus very generous wine-buying friends :yes:

You surely must have seen me! I was asking tons of people if they knew a Becca-Sarah.
Personally? Very little. Not into the clubbing/drinking thing much at all. Although many will go out a few times a week and have no trouble at all. I always have time for a film/meal/gig or whatever though, so time certainly isn't an issue.
Isometrix
we are the really really drunk people...

This man speaks the truth.

To the OP, I'm a first year and my only fixed night out is a Friday, but tend to end up out if anything else comes along! I may not be out every night of the week but I make the most of it when I am :p:
ThisLittlePiggy
You surely must have seen me! I was asking tons of people if they knew a Becca-Sarah.

No - seriously?! :eek: I can't exactly go round asking people if they know a little piggy!

Twas good times tho :yes:
Reply 58
scaryhair
I may not be out every night of the week but I make the most of it when I am :p:

This :biggrin: Make it a good one :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending