The Student Room Group

How to go about getting a Summer job.

i am at the time where i need to get into the habit where i need to be getting a job. today i have been going to get a handing out CV and i look at the people who work there and i think that how did people like that get the job over other people. i think that i am a generally well rounded person and i have only have 1 interview and i didnt get the place. should i ask why i didnt get the palce? it was only a satuarday?
the stupid conexxions people are useless, they claim that they have an answer to any dilemma and they are only going to help find jobs for the "dropouts" and everytime i go into an agency place i get the stupid receptionist saying "fill in this form and take a seat ..."

so how do you guys get a job then? and what kind of things did you say in the interview? ect, and i live in the Greenwich area, if anyone know the "job hotspots" then please can they PM me and give me some advice.

thanks in advance
Reply 1
Email all the temping agencies in your area with your cv. I go round all the shops that have up vacancies and all the ones I think will have vacancies Then give out CVs or complete their application forms.

Oh and check out all the job pages in the local area
Reply 2
This is probably a obvious answer but have you tried paying a man to walk you through the town centre yelling “boy for sale”?
Reply 3
Connexions are brilliant, so i have found.
Reply 4
Is it maybe because you've only just started looking? Lots of these positions will have been filled weeks ago, or won't actually be temps at all.
Yeah, people could think i'm a temp..but i've actually been there about 4 months. Your best bet is to get a job BEFORE summer ..tho that's not much help
Reply 6
search on the internet ?
ive tried all of this and agencies are use less.
Reply 8
i kno this is probly late but the store i have an interview 2morow is in greenwich - charlton.. go to the big shops near the greenwich cinema like boots etc etc.. dats were i gave aload of ma cv's in.. but most shops sed there not takin on till augest tho

Latest

Trending

Trending