Beaumont - Catered, en suite
GMS - catered, en suite

Decent choices?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
-F-
Hi guys. I received a conditional offer on track yesterday afternoon. How do I go about applying for accomodation?

You need to firm UoL first. They'll then send you an email with your personal ID number which is what you'll use for applying for accomidation.

I really want to go for one of the self-catered at Beaumont as it seems lovely there! Just got to decide upon the other two places. Properly GMS and not sure of the 3rd.
QI Elf
You mentioned the houses. This is The Beeches where I live and am living again next year!!

I absolutely adore it. I'm currently a 2nd year so live mostly with freshers but it has been fantastic. The social side is great too- we all get on really well, go out to the pub together, we also have a room with a table in upstairs were sometimes we all do our work together, random banter aplenty....so yeah, the social side is great.

As for the hall you were describing. I think, from your description it must be Beaumont where I lived in my 1st year. I had a great time there (it is mostly catered, though- but there are vegetarian options) although I prefer this year as the people in my block at Beaumont got on my nerves quite a bit (we were just very different).

EDIT: Sorry, I can't seem to get the photo up. There are others of The Beeches floating around here though- I think Tomber has posted some.

The Beeches or The Coppice I think, THEY SOUND SO NICE! Although I'd quite like to live in the botanical gardens too but maybe it would be better for me social wise to stay a bit more central, seeing as I need to be more outgoing :p:

Thanks for trying with the picture, I'll look about for some. Sorry for slow reply, been having trouble with new router lately, and then I quoted too many people and had to go trawling through forums to try and find your post!

Can I PM you if I want to ask anything random? I think I'm about to firm with Leicester but I'm still umming and aahing over whether I'm making the right decision, but at the same time I need to hurry up and get accommodation sorted. :p:

EDIT: ALSO, I keep reading through my info pack, the one I got when I received my offers - what's the difference between standard single and premium single? And also premium single and premium ensuite? and premium ensuite and premium + ensuite??? :confused: Is it just me or do I have a right to be confused? Do they tell you more about these when you apply firm/insurance or is it just that with no further description?
Reply 83
siani-chan
The Beeches or The Coppice I think, THEY SOUND SO NICE! Although I'd quite like to live in the botanical gardens too but maybe it would be better for me social wise to stay a bit more central, seeing as I need to be more outgoing :p:

Thanks for trying with the picture, I'll look about for some. Sorry for slow reply, been having trouble with new router lately, and then I quoted too many people and had to go trawling through forums to try and find your post!

Can I PM you if I want to ask anything random? I think I'm about to firm with Leicester but I'm still umming and aahing over whether I'm making the right decision, but at the same time I need to hurry up and get accommodation sorted. :p:

EDIT: ALSO, I keep reading through my info pack, the one I got when I received my offers - what's the difference between standard single and premium single? And also premium single and premium ensuite? and premium ensuite and premium + ensuite??? :confused: Is it just me or do I have a right to be confused? Do they tell you more about these when you apply firm/insurance or is it just that with no further description?

Yes, of course, you can PM me, although from your sig. I see you have applied to do Physics so I don't know how much help I will be able to give in that regards- I do history, but I will help all I can.

As for being in the Botanical Gardens, none of the halls in Oadby/the Student Village are more than a 5 minute walk away from them so even if you aren't in them, you will be very close by. As for being more central, all the halls are in quite a close area so it doesn't make much of a difference about being central or not.

I'm not actually sure about the description of the rooms. Perhaps if you ring up the accommodation office they will be more helpful than I can be.
Reply 84
siani-chan
I keep reading through my info pack, the one I got when I received my offers - what's the difference between standard single and premium single? And also premium single and premium ensuite? and premium ensuite and premium + ensuite??? :confused: Is it just me or do I have a right to be confused? Do they tell you more about these when you apply firm/insurance or is it just that with no further description?

It doesn't give much help, but its all they have on their website
http://www.le.ac.uk/accommodation/faq/faq.before.html#contracts
Reply 85
quick question about the uni, since I havn't really digged much info as much as I probably should have..
I put leicester as my insurance, can i still apply for accomodation?
irachx
quick question about the uni, since I havn't really digged much info as much as I probably should have..
I put leicester as my insurance, can i still apply for accomodation?

Nope, only if it is your firm, however if you miss your firm and apply for accomidation before September 1st you're guaranteed university accomidation.
Reply 87
alright, thanks!
SirMasterKey
Nope, only if it is your firm, however if you miss your firm and apply for accomidation before September 1st you're guaranteed university accomidation.
Hi everyone :smile:

I have been allocated a room in 138 Regent Road (Salisbury road houses).
After looking round the forum, I haven't found any photos of the outside and inside of these houses.
Does anybody have some? it would be great :biggrin:

Oh and has anyone else been allocated a room yet?
Reply 89
anyone have pics of the ensuites in bowder court?
Reply 90
anyone have pics of the inside of the self catered (or catered) in beaumont?
Hey, would I be right in thinking that self-catered accommodation in Oadby student village are the converted houses? After a lot of tiresome research I haven't been able to find much information that lets you see precisely what the self-catered accommodation looks like (in Oadby village)
On one of the online booklets it stated that the self-catered rooms in GMS are Bredon, Stoughton Leys, Fields House, Kent, Rosenfels and Stamford Hall - is this correct?

and are the self-catered of John Foster like the modern pictures that are on the website?
it says that they are called ashcroft, the beeches, howard, spinneys, treroose, wighton - are these converted house or just the names of the blocks?

Also, has anyone have any information on the self-catered parts in Beaumont? If they look like houses or blocks? What the social aspect is like, how many people are usually per 'houses'?

Sorry for the million questions, I am a bit paranoid about which accommodation I apply for - being a picky vegetarien who is struggling to eventually become Vegan (now I know how a meat eater feels when they try not to eat meat! not eating dairy is HARD... but one day! haha) so I'm pretty set on doing everything i can to get self-catered, but I was also a bit put off when I saw only 25 rooms are available in Beaumont for self-catered, I don't want to be isolated or with a small amount of people

any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply 92
the attachment shows what i think is the self catered part of beaumont (its from google maps if you want to look further), and dont worry about being veggie and nearly vegan im in the same position and am hoping it makes me more likely to get self catered, i think that bowder court is self catered in gms as well but im not sure
Thanks! :smile: I sent off my application for GMS, Beaumont then John Foster last today, although I know it won't matter that much since my offer is conditional
Reply 94
pathlesswoods
Thanks! :smile: I sent off my application for GMS, Beaumont then John Foster last today, although I know it won't matter that much since my offer is conditional

good luck in your exams and hope you get in somewhere good
Reply 95
For which accomodation should I apply?

Im 27 but get on well enough with 19 yr olds at college and dont have kids or owt so age shouldent be too much of a problem. I want somewhere with parties and noise and to cater for my self. I want my own room and I want internet access. I like the sound of living in or near botanical gardens and want a nice view from my window. I dont want to pay much but I wanna be in or near somewhere with lots of girls with posh accents.
Reply 96
hey!
i've been allocated a room in spinneys house - john fosters, but there isn't much info on the net (or anywhere else for that matter) so i was wondering if anybody can tell anything about this particular accommodation? the good, bad and the ugly, i'd like to hear it all please.
Reply 97
are you a hot Japanese chick?
liz91
hey!
i've been allocated a room in spinneys house - john fosters, but there isn't much info on the net (or anywhere else for that matter) so i was wondering if anybody can tell anything about this particular accommodation? the good, bad and the ugly, i'd like to hear it all please.

It's next to John Foster, and looks really nice. That's all I know, sorry :p:
Reply 99
Got a place at John Fosters, Wighton House, anybody else in there?

Latest

Trending

Trending