The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I found German hardest but I ended up getting my worst marks on Graphics.
Reply 21
its gotta be languages. if you cant grasp the vocab you're done for. A close second is art. so much coursework
Reply 22
German.
And physics.
Probably English Language/ Literature. Just because it's easy to **** the exams up.
Reply 24
For me it was Art and German.

There was so much coursework for art and my teacher was a nut case.

And I just couldn't get the hang of German.
lol I loved Eng esp Eng lit.
For me the hardest three were

3) History: Esp. the edexcel board one. There's just so many dates and facts to learn and the timing in the exams seemed to be designed for people multiple bodies. Having said that, I did get a good grade in it, but I know that it was one of the subjects that I couldn't have just walked in with natural talent and aced.

2) Maths : I'm just really bad at maths so I had to work so hard for it non stop. It didn't help that the teacher thought for some strange reason thought that I'm good at it and stuck me in a class full of amazing kids who got calculators for their birthday.

1) German: Ja ich bin doof >.<
Languages... don't even get me started. In three years of German I only learnt to say
je joue le foot with confidence and I don't think I wrote that right and IT'S FLIPPING FRENCH not German!

^^ Have a nice day everyone!!!
For me, Spanish - but then, I only started learning it in Year 10.
Maths.. I thought it would be quite difficult, but on the day, the paper was quite easy, and I'd revised thoroughly and got an A*, but on a different day, the paper could probably have been a lot harder.

My easiest are probably the sciences and German.
Reply 27
Art and then ICT[we never had proper teachers in ICT], got an E in both lol.
any language. got straight A*s... except for french, german, eng lit and eng lang
languages....simply as I couldn't be bothered to listen and learn all the vocab and tenses....still got an A though
Reply 30
OMG. DEFINITELY MATH.
i hate math so ******* MUCH.
it wasnt the hardest. physics i'd say was the hardest.
economics the easiest by faar :smile:

math irritates me.
math is depressing.
damn. i could write an essay about how much i hate math :smile:
i know, once you get the hang of it you'll realise how much 'fun' and 'interesting' it isss.
but to me, whether i get it or not. i still find it irritating XD

right now, im getting all A's for commerce. and a D in math. does that make me a complete douche? o.0
Languages especially German are hard to get A*s in only one person got an A* in my year ad she is half German out of about 90 students (one language was complusory). Graphics was a nightmare it is nearly impossible to get an A* on the coursework but easy to get it on the exam.

Maths is pretty easy for me but depends on what you are good at.
Reply 32
i found maths easy at the start, but it got harder and harder and haarrdderr!! now i have to revise overtime because i dont get half the stuff
Music - I swear that mark scheme was designed to squeeze the fewest number of marks out possible. I jumped for joy when I got my A.

Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology were also disgustingly difficult, hence why I'm doing no sciencey/mathematical subjects currently. :p:

Edit: I'd also like to go against the flow and say GCSE languages are piss easy, but then that's just me - personal strengths and so on.
JChoudhry
To get an A* for English Lit. Languages are generally the hardest

I didnt find English lit hard. Don't think I revised at all really. I got my A* :biggrin:
Things like English I think come naturally to some people, and not to others, and that's it really. No amount of revision can really help you interpret a poem & string a decent sentence together effectively. I think you either have it, or you don't. Natural ability n **** yo'

Re was the hardest, not because it was difficult, but because generally nobody (including me at the time) cared for it, so classes were just ridiculous sessions of pushing the teachers (we had 5) to breaking point rather than working,
kina retarded looking back on it some of the stuff we did.. :smile:

Also I found ICT ******* crazy. The amount of coursework we had was epic. Id say I was fairly awesome at IT, and regularly stayed behind in class to get ahead with my coursework/worked for hours on it at home so I could actually get it all done (most people didn't finish all 3 tasks), and yet I only got a B as a result :frown:

Spanish also was hard. I think you just need a good teacher for something like that, since its not going to come naturally for anyone, unless they have foreign parents. We had a horrible teacher. I found the Listening exam an absolute nighmare I'd be surprised if I got any marks at all. I think my teacher admitted defeat with us at one point when he put the whole year on the foundation papers for the exams. Somehow I got a B, probably because he helped us all with our coursework to the point where it was all pretty much 100%.. ugh :s-smilie:
myip2
OMG. DEFINITELY MATH.
i hate math so ******* MUCH.
it wasnt the hardest. physics i'd say was the hardest.
economics the easiest by faar :smile:

math irritates me.
math is depressing.
damn. i could write an essay about how much i hate math :smile:
i know, once you get the hang of it you'll realise how much 'fun' and 'interesting' it isss.
but to me, whether i get it or not. i still find it irritating XD

:eek: I couldn't possibly write an essay on how much I hated maths.
I hate it so much that it wouldn't do the paper justice!

Funny how the only people who like maths are those that are good at it.
And even they tend to admit how boring it is :tongue:
French is proving to be a complete bitch so far :dry:.
Reply 37
German, Latin, and if you don't get Maths it's hard to, then again if you do it is easy as anything.

Don't get the English thing - way the easiest! :biggrin:
Reply 38
Edit: I'd also like to go against the flow and say GCSE languages are piss easy, but then that's just me - personal strengths and so on.

i agree languages are eaassyy i took urdu, and im getting A's,we were told not to take a language unless we already know some of it. :confused:
Reply 39
hollywoodbudgie
lol I loved Eng esp Eng lit.
For me the hardest three were

3) History: Esp. the edexcel board one. There's just so many dates and facts to learn and the timing in the exams seemed to be designed for people multiple bodies. Having said that, I did get a good grade in it, but I know that it was one of the subjects that I couldn't have just walked in with natural talent and aced.

2) Maths : I'm just really bad at maths so I had to work so hard for it non stop. It didn't help that the teacher thought for some strange reason thought that I'm good at it and stuck me in a class full of amazing kids who got calculators for their birthday.

1) German: Ja ich bin doof >.<
Languages... don't even get me started. In three years of German I only learnt to say
je joue le foot with confidence and I don't think I wrote that right and IT'S FLIPPING FRENCH not German!

^^ Have a nice day everyone!!!

haha. JE JOUE LE FOOT? damn funny ! :biggrin:

Latest