The Student Room Group

Student Finance 2010 entry deadline - WHEN IS IT???!!!!

Hey!
I finished sixth form last June with a place to study at the University of Southampton starting after deferred entry this October.
I was wondering when the cut off deadline is for Student Finance and maintenance grants/loans this year?
I hope I haven't missed it, and tbh, Soton Uni have been **** at sending me the starting pack they said they would etc etc.
HELLLLPPPP!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
New students starting in 2010/11

To be sure of having your first payment ready at the start of the 2010/11 academic year, you must apply by:

* 25 June 2010 if you’re applying for types of finance that mean your household income will need to be assessed
* 23 April 2010 if you’re only applying for types of finance that won’t require an assessment of your household income
Thanks, I needed to know too ... :smile:
Reply 3
Phew thank God for that! Cheers for the info
Reply 4
cpj1987
New students starting in 2010/11

To be sure of having your first payment ready at the start of the 2010/11 academic year, you must apply by:

* 25 June 2010 if you’re applying for types of finance that mean your household income will need to be assessed
* 23 April 2010 if you’re only applying for types of finance that won’t require an assessment of your household income

So if I'm applying for both income assessed and non-assessed, I don't have to apply by 23rd April? Or do I only need to have the non-assessed parts completed by then?
olive*
So if I'm applying for both income assessed and non-assessed, I don't have to apply by 23rd April? Or do I only need to have the non-assessed parts completed by then?

You only apply for one of them!!!
Reply 6
hypocriticaljap
You only apply for one of them!!!

Well the loans aren't assessed, right? :s-smilie: anyone can get them.
the loan is income assessed. You are guaranteed £3500 but you can get more through income assessment even if you earn too much for a grant.
Reply 8
Oh great so I don't have to worry till June :biggrin:
Reply 9
olive*
Oh great so I don't have to worry till June :biggrin:

DO IT NOW!!!

I can't stress this enough.

Even though they say that is the deadline, there were MAJOR problems last year with them processing applications, and no evidence that they have made measures to improve.
Woahhhh. I would of done non means tested I think and the deadlines tomorrow!!

Can I just do means tested anyway? Surely you can do it, even if your not likely to get much from it?
Don't panic!

You can still apply for non-means tested finance if you miss the deadline tomorrow. The system won't stop you from submitting your application.

At the same time, don't leave it any longer. The later you leave it, the bigger the backlog for Student Finance England to work through; and the more chance your money will be late.
Reply 12
I know there is already a link to the deadlines but I would just like to clarify something.

Deadline for means-tested SF is 28th June.

I am applying online and including my parents income as well. That is means-tested right, therefore, my deadline is not tomorrow?
Right ok. I don't get how there is different deadlines, is the means testes application longer or something? surely if you miss the non means testes deadline you just go and do 'means tested' but get nothing?

A random question, am i applying to 'support' an application?
I'd like to know this also.
Reply 15
anyone know what im suposed to do ? im only applying for finance that doesnt require assesment of household income , that deadline is tomorrow which i only just found out, but... i sent off for a new passport as other one expired and it hasnt come back yet :s-smilie:
It's in the sticky!

Tomorrow for non-income assessed, and 25th June for income assessed (i.e. household income <£60K).
it seems this is a bit counter inuitive? surely to assess someones income takes longer and the date to apply for that should be earlier?

bit strange init?
BryonyM123
anyone know what im suposed to do ? im only applying for finance that doesnt require assesment of household income , that deadline is tomorrow which i only just found out, but... i sent off for a new passport as other one expired and it hasnt come back yet :s-smilie:

you can always use your birth certificate or just wait until your passport comes, shouldn't be that much longer. the system will still let you apply
Reply 19
Moonkin
I know there is already a link to the deadlines but I would just like to clarify something.

Deadline for means-tested SF is 28th June.

I am applying online and including my parents income as well. That is means-tested right, therefore, my deadline is not tomorrow?

If you're including your parents income it's means tested, so yes it's the June deadline, I did mine (means tested) today, it took less than an hour :smile: You're probably best to get it over and done with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending