The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 1
I'm almost certain this isn't true... the unions will surely have student priced nights. I think the UOL union does anyway.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Yep - this is NOT true! There are loads of places that do student nights, cos they make more money cos of them!

Think about it:

Charge full whack to 100 people = £3000 (normal crowd paying normal rates)
Charge student rates to 200 students = £3500 (twice as many students paying 70% of rates or so)

They make a bit more cash if the pubs/clubs know loads of students will go rather than their normal crowd. :wink: :rolleyes:

(P.S: For you clever people my maths doesn't add up - its a quick example)!
Reply 3
There are tonnes of student nights in London (some are very taky like Hombres - shudder) - and all the big clubs (Fabric, Ministry etc) all do hefty student discounts with an NUS card too. I know the UoL medics all club together and hire Ministry at least once in any academic year - the last '999' night was really good, even if there were 5 big cliques and the DJ nearly got pulped for calling BL medics QM!

QMUL SU has it's own club (E1). There's also The Base and it's facilities at UoL SU.

I'm guessing that your friend falls into one of these boxes:
a) he's not a student in London
b) he is a student in London, but is a complete geek who never leaves his room or the library
c) He's a London student, but is a sheep and just follows his friends to the local rather than actually exploring what London has to offer
or
d) He's not really your friend and is trying to ruin your excitement about coming to London to make himeself feel better...
Reply 4
PS - most bars in London are very reasonable! I live in the City and while there is a myriad of wine and champagne bars, there are also some fab Wetherspoons, Lloyds and Free House pubs that do not rip you off. The Printworks on Farringdon Road charges £1.15 for a [Gordons or Bombay Saphire - not ***** 'house' label stuff] Gin and Tonic [again, Schweeps!].
Reply 5
raman1122
Well basically i am recalling wat my freinds have told me, they have said that in london there are no student nights, jus normal nights at normal london prices (which compared to everywhere else is abnormal !!!). i didnt believe them at first until sum ppl from london were sayin the same thing, can enybody let me know wat actually does happen in london. thnx

There are student nights everryyyywhere!!! Look out for 'what's on' in Cub freshers edition (available at freshers fayre), that will be full of reviews and the best places for a great night out!
Reply 6
There are alot of student nights most popular ones being on Mondays - Trap, and Tuesday Nights at Cirque, Cirque is really good for student nights, also Queen Mary do nights on wednesdays and fridays in e1, and Happy Mondays, go happy mondays then head of to trap.

Latest

Trending

Trending