The Student Room Group

What should i do???

Ok going anon cause my friend is on here :p:
Me and my friend both applied for the same universities doing the same course. However my grades are AABC while hers are CC. I got interviews for all my unis and have got an unconditional and conditional and still waiting to hear from the others. However she has been rejected from all but one of hers(which she hasnt heard back from). Now whenever someone mentions my unconditional she gets all sarcastic and moody. I recieved a letter from a uni asking me to attend an iterview but the same uni told her they didnt want her for an interview because 'she didn't have enough required experience' she then told anyone who would listen that she clearly has all the experience and i have none and that i got lucky on my results. Which completely isn't true because i worked my ass of to get those results! We have been great friends for nearly 10 years and i don't want this to come between us! What should i say or do that will make her feel better because i am aware she feels as though her life isnt going anywhere.
Wow i wrote a lot! Anyway i would be grateful for your help! Thank you
Reply 1
haha nice anon didnt work :P lets hope she doesnt see this!
Reply 2
Cheesy and banal as it may sound, your friend should be happy for you, or at least try to be.
You sound like a nice friend, she sounds like a crappy one. I would be the one pissed, if I were you.
Reply 3
She's not being very nice. But I'm confused, most people know that grades are the main thing they consider, so surely she wouldn't have expected to get the same offers as you?

And not going to university doesn't mean your life isn't going anywhere. Or she could repeat yr13.
Reply 4
So what if she sees it! She should see this post!!
ahh, i see you're doing primary education. me too! Yeah, the thing they look at most is the level of experience you have and wether you seem like someone intelligent enough to teach the next generation. The simple fact is that you're better than her. Obviously she's jealous and bitter but to be fair, it's to be expected to a certain extent. She's probably just bored of living in your shadow, but there's nothing you can do really. Just keep as friendly as she'll allow and hopefully she'll realise that she's being selfish. Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending