The Student Room Group

Oral sex + condom?

I've recently started seeing this guy casually, and we've only slept together twice, and used a condom both times. Ive never given him oral sex, but im now thinking i might want to, so i was wondering what the most accepted/best idea would be regarding using a condom for oral sex - considering im not in a committed relationship with this guy?

I mean, the last guy i was with was a boyfriend, and to be honest we hardly used protection, even for sex. (Don't worry, i dont have any STDs, ive been checked out!)

So yeah, guys - do you use a condom when you get a blowjob on a one night stand?
girls - do you use a condom when you give oral sex to a guy you're not in a relationship with?

Scroll to see replies

It's why I've always preferred relationships to casuals, like showering with a coat on. I suppose the fact you are both entering into it casually then there's the chance that you both are also seeing or will see others simultaneously, opening you both up to the dangers involved and so are wise to protect yourselves. Any BJ is better than none though, so skin him up and chug away !
Reply 2
Blowjobs cannot be properly done with condoms. There's just no sloppiness...
Reply 3
It's up to you. You can catch stuff from giving oral, but it's mostly the curable bacterial infections. The only people I know who use condoms for this have a latex fetish. I don't, but then I like kissing afterwards.

If you're going to, this is what flavoured condoms are for. Do not ever do this with one with spermicide = mega yucky taste.
Reply 4
that's a really, really odd idea... im sure a penis tastes better than lube...!
Reply 5
Hmm, flavoured condoms seem like an idea...

Ok, so guys:
in general, if you're sleeping with a girl you dont know too well would you rather use a condom when getting a BJ, or is it just not a big deal to not use protection?

I guess i just dont want him to think im not careful with protection (i know the contents of this post would suggest otherwise, but i am careful!), and i defo dont want him to think i go around giving everyone unprotected BJs!
Reply 6
Anonymous
Ok, so guys:
in general, if you're sleeping with a girl you dont know too well would you rather use a condom when getting a BJ, or is it just not a big deal to not use protection?

Well I'd take the risk that she doesn't have something and doesn't have any sores on her mouth.

If I was giving though...
Reply 7
Tbh wth you, wtf is the point in a BJ with a condom on? Their pretty fun killing at the best of times...
I tryed with a flavoured one once, it just wasn't good for me, and he deffo prefered it without.
Reply 9
Anonymous
I've recently started seeing this guy casually, and we've only slept together twice, and used a condom both times. Ive never given him oral sex, but im now thinking i might want to, so i was wondering what the most accepted/best idea would be regarding using a condom for oral sex - considering im not in a committed relationship with this guy?

I mean, the last guy i was with was a boyfriend, and to be honest we hardly used protection, even for sex. (Don't worry, i dont have any STDs, ive been checked out!)

So yeah, guys - do you use a condom when you get a blowjob on a one night stand?
girls - do you use a condom when you give oral sex to a guy you're not in a relationship with?

No. A blowjob with a condom is a waste of money and time.
Would you tell the guy to put on condom onto his tongue when returning the favor?

Woah I just pictured that while typing it. :colonhash:
I personally wouldn't see the point if your going to make him wear a condom just use your hands instead I think.
Reply 11
I really don't know how you can give oral with a condom on without gagging or spitting from the taste of latex. I've seriously never heard of that one before. Plus I second that there is no point of the effect of oral if he wears a condom.
maybe just don't give him once until you're a bit more aware if you're 'going somewhere' rather than staying casual?
Reply 13
just ask him to get checked out and go for it?
Flavoured condoms aren't that nice. Some lose their taste and just taste like rubber. Some just don't have a nice taste at all.

The few times I have given oral sex to men, I did it mostly without condoms because as someone said above it's just not as good when they are wearing one.
I'd imagine it would be awkward with a condom, never done it though.
Blow jobs with condoms are boring to give and to receive.
Reply 17
Flipsta
just ask him to get checked out and go for it?

i concur
Reply 18
I've only ever given them to guys i've been in a serious relationship with so we have been using other forms of contraception and not condoms. If you're not 100% sure if he's safe then use a flavoured condom, if you don't like the idea of that then give it a miss until you're more confident as to whether he is safe or not.
Reply 19
i give blow jobas alll dayayyy long
fluipstas has the smallest cock i know he cant even cum~!!!!111111lololololololol
<b/>rofl<b>

Latest