The Student Room Group

Medical Equipment/Accessories for Nursing

Scroll to see replies

God Almighty!

I seriously didnt expect to have a load of screaming and shouting on here by asking a very simple question. I think ive accidentally opened a rather LARGE can of worms......
Reply 21
i've seen a few funky steths and sphygs i'd quite like to get. i think i'd feel more...'nursey' lol i'd worry about looking like a prat though. can't wait to try on the uniform either. it''s like adult dressing up!! lol

i've hinted at my partner to get a steth, sphyg and fob watch from him and the kids. would be nice to have them engraved too (are you reading this, sweetie?!?!) :wink:
I was interested to know what it would be useful to have....but I have also learned that there are some topics that nurses are a bit achem.....passionate about....gawd almighty lol!
Ignoring the back and forth I actually found it quite helpful. Its a good job to learn that we don't need to buy a stephoschop unless after a couple years of experiencing ward/other work we decide we want one for ourselves. One thing I am curious about is. Do we need to have scissors to hand? Just incase of needing to cut bandages, or is that just for after being registered? What about a student nurse bible? I have heard that some people have brought those sort of books and carry them around at all times?

Quick Reply

Latest