The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:eek: OMG I hope not! Where did you hear that?
Reply 2
I doubt it. Kylie isn't exactly a brabuster. I myself think its more to do with your diet, and amount of processed and junk foods. If you go au naturel (organic) your risk is greatly reduced. Of all cancers.
Reply 3
I'm sure I read somewhere that smaller, massier breasts were more likely to get breast cancer - larger and less, ahem, pert ones were less at risk.

But then I don't know where I read it, when I read it or whether I'm even remembering it properly!
Reply 4
* gemchicken
:eek: OMG I hope not! Where did you hear that?

Not sure, I thought I remembered hearing it somewhere. I'm just kinda worried, I have big breasts anyway and they're worse now cos of the Pill, and they're a bit painful atm. :frown:
Reply 5
Eeyore
Is it true that if you have larger breasts you're more likely to get breast cancer?

To be honest, I don't think thats true... I mean, cancer is caused by carcinogens like nicotine and I don't see how breast size can make a difference.
If it did, I'd be worried - but the women of my family are usually pretty curvy and we've had no history of breast cancer.

If you're really concerned, I'm sure there are websites devoted to breast cancer and its causes.
Reply 6
doesnt depend on ur breast size frankly. :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'm relieved to hear it! I tried to search on the web but all I could find was stuff about the size of the cancer itself :s:. Urgh, frightening...
I wouldn't worry about it... My mum just had it and she's by no way huge chested... and my best friends mum, who's like my second mum, got it at the same time, and she's larger chested... so to be honest, i don't think cancer depends on the size as much as the evironment you're in, but then, i'm not a scientist :rolleyes:
blissy
I'm sure I read somewhere that smaller, massier breasts were more likely to get breast cancer - larger and less, ahem, pert ones were less at risk.

Phwoof. Good job I'm more in the latter category.

I've been thinking about things like this a lot recently. I think it's because it's summer and I've got too much spare time on my hands. Over the past couple of months I've become a hypochondriac and was convinced for a couple of days that I had cancer.
Reply 10
spangletastic
Phwoof. Good job I'm more in the latter category.

I've been thinking about things like this a lot recently. I think it's because it's summer and I've got too much spare time on my hands. Over the past couple of months I've become a hypochondriac and was convinced for a couple of days that I had cancer.

:dito: Too much spare time is never a good thing!
Reply 11
Well i suppose if you have big boobs then there's more breast to get cancer....
-TMG-
I doubt it. Kylie isn't exactly a brabuster.

Ummm that's a not-so-logic way of thinking. It's like saying the weather is mostly sunny in London because today it was sunny...
Reply 13
SamTheMan
Ummm that's a not-so-logic way of thinking. It's like saying the weather is mostly sunny in London because today it was sunny...

Yeh..ie arguing from the particular to the general!
Reply 14
Was I right or wrong in saying that breast cancer is not more common in large breasted women? Sorry I used Kylie as an example
Reply 15
Eeyore
Not sure, I thought I remembered hearing it somewhere. I'm just kinda worried, I have big breasts anyway and they're worse now cos of the Pill, and they're a bit painful atm. :frown:

Hum, well most versions of the pill give increased risk of breast cancer if used regularly for over a set period of time (along with lots of other lovely risks, have a read of the small print). Just check them every now and again and if you find any lumps go to the doctor. Though don't panic too badly if you do - quite often they're just benign cists or whatever..
Reply 16
blissy

But then I don't know where I read it, when I read it or whether I'm even remembering it properly!

Must seem like payback for the saggy women :/
All thing equal then yes larger breasts give you more chance of having breast cancer. All things otherwise equal then someone with larger breasts is mroe at risk because they have more cells which could become cancerous which is what breast casncer is.
Reply 18
wow
Reply 19
Eeyore
Is it true that if you have larger breasts you're more likely to get breast cancer?

I don't think so. It's actually much harder to detect cancer in smaller breasts as there is less fatty tissue. I think it's more to do with hereditary risk and diet :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending