The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes i do because they're fashionable lol
personally, I like the Nivea guy kind of men, but the extremes such as manicures, pedicures, make up etc aren't exactly what I would consider attractive.
btw, welcome to TSR!
Reply 3
Not my cup of tea.

Wash and shave, that'll do me.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, so go ahead if that's what you want. Hm.
Reply 4
I wouldnt personally mind if my bloke wanted to get a manicure (no coloured nail varnish though!!) but Im not too keen on the make up thing, thats just me personally though.
ooo yeah nivea man, someone whos fashionable and sexy but doesnt wear make up and still looks rugged! mmmmmmmmmmmmm
no, i think it's awful, men should leave make-up to the women. but if you want to wear it, make sure you apply it properly, please. but i agree with dogtanian, wash and a shave is enough!
but welcome anyway :smile:
Reply 7
no not at all - its a big turn off
Reply 8
i like a guy to take an interest in his appearance and look good...but make up is a bit extreme. unless ur a ballerina :p: a manicure would be a bit odd, but if the guy had an outside physical job that was ageing on the hands (eg builder) he wld be allowed to have a bit of a pamper....nothing worse than dirty stumpy fingernails!
ps i agree, the nivea man is lush :biggrin:
Reply 9
Yes and No.
I think its a good idea for men to make an effort with their appearance, after all us women are expected to so its only fair!
I think make up and nail varnish is taking it too far though.
Give them some moisturiser, nice aftershave, clean clothes and a shave and they're fine. But each to his own.
eyeliner nail polish kinda thing?
not attractive at all.
what's next?wearing a thong?

sure cleanshaved and a little powdery is acceptable.
Reply 12
Hmm...as a guy i wouldnt wear make up voluntarily, but i moisturise, shave regularly and take care of myself. That's about as far as it goes!
Reply 13
ok i take it the make up is a no show

but do you find a guy attractive if he dresses in nice clothes, uses skin care products (wash, crub, toner, moisturiser) just to keep his skin looking nice?

btw, what do you think about guys using self tanning products?
Reply 14
i think the majority of girls find that pretty standard in a guy unlessthey specifically are looking for a bit o rough!

self tanning just generally looks **** (im talking about creams and stuff her e- beds are fine) so not attractive... but not because it makes you a girly girl
Reply 15
Personally I like guys who look a bit rough around the edges...give me messy hair and stubble over perfection any day!

As long as a guy keeps clean and smells nice, I'm not too bothered. Though I must admit, certain guys in eyeliner does things for me...!
david_cole
ok i take it the make up is a no show

but do you find a guy attractive if he dresses in nice clothes, uses skin care products (wash, crub, toner, moisturiser) just to keep his skin looking nice?

btw, what do you think about guys using self tanning products?

Of course, a guy will be attractive if he dresses well & takes good care of his skin- but that's not the be all & end all.
I definitely am not fond of self-tan in guys or gals.
Just make sure you keep yourself well-groomed.

All it takes is a quick shower, WET shave (ah, i've got the most amazing electric-wet shaver :biggrin: ), a good wash and some nice aftershave.

Hmm, and keep on top of your hair, don't go to the barbers.

As for moisturising, I don't do it regulary- only if I feel the need to, and the same goes for exfoliating.

Make sure you still look relatively natural and human though, don't wear make-up whatever you do. I can't even stand women who wear too much make-up.
Yeah, but I don't even like aftershave on a bloke. Bleugh, no.
Reply 19
In general I definately do not find metrosexuals attractive. (as in manicures etc).but that doesn't mean they can't be clean! self tan is a noooo nooo. as is shaped eyebrows. However I don't see anything wrong with using nivea products on the face.

Latest