The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nope, but they are cool to have as friends :smile:
I have a feeling that the whole 'metrosexual' look is going to die soon...there are far too many places doing pink and 'metrosexual' male clothes now, its gone too mainstream.

I have no problem with metrosexual clothes, and own a few myself..its just a whole waredrobe cant consist of pink t-shirts and skin tight white ones, it just can't

I was shocked by the new display I saw im my local topman the other day as well, the manequin in the window had a '1940's american farmer' look going on (ie bowler hat, waist coat and cardigan) I really cannot see this look catching on, it looked awful

So overall, IMO metroseuxal fashion is good in moderation, but I feel a 'macho' backlash will be coming, this may possibly coincide with next years football world cup, ie lots of 'chav' football shirts, t-shirts with innuedo's etc (shudders at the thought of this!)
Reply 22
No. I'm always suspicious of a guy who gels or dyes his hair (or anything of the sort, choosing certain brands deliberately). I kind of feel that any guy who does that is either slightly arrogant/narcissistic or trying too hard.

But i should add that a guy who does take care of his look indeed looks good. I just view the fact that he's put effort in as offputting. Many girls are the opposite.
Reply 23
i think its good shows that they take care of themselves. Find it really sexy
Reply 24
I like guys that look and smell clean and good hair is always a plus, but I'm not too keen on the over pampering and like a bit of stubble!

black eyeliner could make them even better-only on certain guys though. Billie Joe Armstrong anyone?!
Reply 25
I'm with the black eyeliner and nail polish thing for guys... I like the slightly feminine-looking type. Mind you, not in a metrosexual way...
I attach the perfect example of boys in makeup. *whimper*
Reply 26
I like men to be hygienic and take care over their appearance, but i definatly don't find those vain guys all dressed up smart, hair stuck in place etc etc the list goes on, attractive, not in the slightest, they look arrogant and self-centered ....*must not judge by appearances though!!*
Reply 27
I like it when they make an effort. I dont mind manicures pedicures etc... and obviously the dressing well lol (although that would mean they made more effort with their nails than me....) but I think I would draw the line at makeup. Actually no maybe I wouldnt.

As long as they have the right anatomy I guess.
erm....I gotta admit it doesn't do anything for me i'm afraid. i mean a guy who takes care in his appearance-shave, shower, gelled hair if he wishes etc, but anything other than that and imo it's not what i'd call appealing.

However, this does not mean to say that they wouldn't make really cool friends to have, in that respect they're winners every time! But anything else other than the usual for guys and i'm afraid...no. :wink:

luv tabz x :biggrin:
Like some people have said, make-up can look OK if done the right way on the right people. Androgyny is currently more fashionable than metrosexuality anyway - think Pete Doherty/Brandon Flowers as opposed to David Beckham (blegh).

black eyeliner could make them even better-only on certain guys though. Billie Joe Armstrong anyone?!

Amen to that! :p:
I can find a metrosexual guy attractive to a point, though not particularly keen on guys in make-up (a little eyeliner is ok), shaped eyebrows and the manicures.
I gel my hair but I wudnt consider that out of the ordinary 4 guys, i dont do any weird styles, jus normal!! Also depends wot look ur goin 4 with make up and stuff, i wouldnt consider it...im a Nivea Man :rolleyes: :cool:
The eyeliner thing can actually look pretty good on some guys - Brandon Flowers :love:

I hate the clean cut look. I like my men rugged! Musicians do it for me every time.
Brandon looks wonderful in the Mr Brightside video. A perfect example of how to 'do' the whole eyeliner look for guys.

http://www.universalmusic.it/thekillers/foto%20video%202/2.jpg
Reply 34
david_cole
hey
do you girls think that its ok for guys to get manicures and wear make up etc? and do you think its attractive?

btw its my first post so be nice ppl

hmm my boyfriend is pretty metro but he doesnt wear make-up, but yes, i find metro guys hot. :biggrin:
I like guys who like to look after themselves. They should look after their hair that is at a lenght that suits them best (I prefer a longish hair look :redface: ), shave, shaped eyebrows to suit face if needed, exfoliate, manicures, buff their nails maybe. Basically they have to make themselves look presentable. However make up is going to far in my opinion.

Latest