The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Duckzilla
Coursework counts 30% for Literature and 40% for Language. There is a 'cross over' piece of coursework that gets marked for both Language and Literature, then there are two dedicated pieces of coursework for each subject.

What if one piece is missing? My teacher told me today he's unsure if he submitted the forms needed for one of my pieces :/
Reply 181
livvy--26
i thought it was good until my teacher told me i wrote about the wrong thing;
'write about how poets portray their feelings in limbo and another poem'
thought i compared really well, until i got out and realised i had written about the methods used by braithwaite to portray what the slaves felt rather than him! How can you you write about his feelings with that poem - they're just not mentioned - its all about the slaves.
Did anyone else find this?
Do you think i will be marked down?:frown:

I did exactly the same! :frown: how can you even comment on the poets feelings! it never mentions the poets in it! and i messed up part B doing an informing letter. arghhhh!! :frown:
Reply 182
I described how on this unfortunate day i traveled from the moon and then was forced to sit an english exam in section B... i wonder what the examiner will think :biggrin:

But tbh, both section A and B questions were not good... i thought they could have been better
Reply 183
PLEASE can someone help me? I'm stressing about this so much:eek3:. For the writing to describe, I adopted the persona of a tiger. It sounds stupid, but it seemed like a good idea. Now, I'm not so sure. Will I get marked down....?:eek:
Reply 184
uc11
ahh, did you leave a line?
loads of people on tsr have been saying how they forgot to write in paragraphs, but i think its alright, i dont think you'll be marked down too much just coz of paragraphing, as long as your piece of writing itself is alright, but dont take my word for it, ask your teacher or something?
and im choosing english lit for a-levels too :smile:

i thought i would have to retake it anyway so wont make any difference :wink: ahaha
yeah i will try and ask her but its a bit difficult cause ive left school now aha
im actually dreading it for a level :L x
Reply 185
in section B i wrote the childhood one. i wrote about how it was the last day of school and it was the worst day of weather to be in. then i wrote how i imagined the sweet smell of baked potato and how all the year 7's including me sounded the last clitter clatter of our plates for the final time. but this was my imagination and i quickly shifted the place back to me battling the cold, windy, wintery weather. i described loads on how i was going to make it to school. good?
Reply 186
Compared Limbo to Island Man. Feelings written about included: anger, respect, admiration, confusion, the state of limbo and imagination.

Wrote to describe about a typical school day from my childhood.

Thinking positive, hope it went well. Invigilators annoy me. :angry:
CJRyan
ME! This was my strongest poem along with Search for my Tongue, I was so happy when I saw it was on the paper :woo:

I then did the inform and explain one, hope I wrote it ok. I didn't do the describe one because I had no idea how to do that with out making it a story :p:

Carol!!!! :cool:

I was exactly like that as well, couldn't stop smiling as I thought something bad would come up, like Love After Love or Not My Business!
Reply 188
Didn't think it was TOO bad. Although i dont think i compared enough for the poems.
And then for the descriptions i didn't use that many descriptive words and ended up writing a story :s-smilie:

x
Plonk
What if one piece is missing? My teacher told me today he's unsure if he submitted the forms needed for one of my pieces :/

Each piece is worth about 5-10%, so you'll lose 5-10% for whatever subject it was for. If it was the piece that counted for both Language and Literature, then you've already lost 5-10% of the total marks for both subjects.
I compared it with Search For My Tongue, but was paranoid that I chose the wrong one; glad I didn't!

For section B, I was always planning to do describe, but went with the inform and explain a charity, explain about MS Scotland. I informed about what MS is and stuff, and informed and explained what MS Scotland do, would that have been fine? I had to be careful though as I kept making it sound like I was persuading them :eek3:

I just hope it all went well!
Right I basically described my brother taking me to the park (sneaking out) because my dad couldnt be bothered to then described journey to the park. Then what the park looked like. After this I couldn't find my brother. Got lost, then described christmas lights from city buildings. I was scared so I ran until i got lost in a graveyard, where soon after my dad found me.

Would that honestly get 27/27 :s
Reply 192
Changt
Haha I thought about writing about the first and last race I've ever won, but then I thought, no, the examiner will probably find that disturbing.

that made me laugh :')
Reply 193
Anyone do Presents from my Aunts with Hurricane Hits England? I thought they went together quite well but seems like everyone did Search for my Tongue..?
anando
not really. unless your writing was really amazing you might just scrap an A* or a really high A. writing the adress is crucial man. how could you forget? if you wrote a real letter i hope you don't forget the address... :biggrin: although there was a limited time...

Could you provide validation for a website? I've asked my teacher previously and he has told me that only really strict examiners cut down marks for that.
Viggy
PLEASE can someone help me? I'm stressing about this so much:eek3:. For the writing to describe, I adopted the persona of a tiger. It sounds stupid, but it seemed like a good idea. Now, I'm not so sure. Will I get marked down....?:eek:

No, you'll probably get more marks for being imaginative! :smile:
Reply 196
Justme10
i thought i would have to retake it anyway so wont make any difference :wink: ahaha
yeah i will try and ask her but its a bit difficult cause ive left school now aha
im actually dreading it for a level :L x

aw, im sure you done fine :smile:
yeah its so annoying, they're like "go home straight away, dont go into the school." they cant get rid of us quick enough :L
yeah same, i think its gonna be really hard, have to work hard next year :P
blingmonkeys
Right I basically described my brother taking me to the park (sneaking out) because my dad couldnt be bothered to then described journey to the park. Then what the park looked like. After this I couldn't find my brother. Got lost, then described christmas lights from city buildings. I was scared so I ran until i got lost in a graveyard, where soon after my dad found me.

I described a boy at a funeral; he didn't move once.

You think you did bad?
blingmonkeys

Well 8 marks are for spelling, punctuation, grammar and paragraphing, so as long as that was all correct along with the actual substance then I don't see why not.
Reply 199
Viggy

no! thats actually a really good idea, and plus they're just marking you on describing, so you get the marks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending