The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accommodation for new students in Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
helooooooo!!!

i got my accommodation and its in leodis room H4.26!!!!

Anyone with me or close to me? and what does H stand for? is it in a good location??
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
I have just finished my first year at the University of Leeds and I feel obliged to actually write a GOOD review about the tannery. When I was first allocated to the tannery I was highly apprehensive due to the negative (and lack of) reviews about the accommodation.

The halls itself are expensive, but you're getting a good deal. It is a 10 minute walk from campus, and a 15 minute walk from the city centre with all the shops and clubs (probably the closest accommodation to the centre in my knowledge).

The rooms itself are exactly what you need as a student; not exactly luxury but still of a high quality. The en suite also has an actual shower which I found that the majority do not and only have a wash room. The receptionists are very helpful and friendly.

My social committee were a bit rubbish compared to other halls but if you actually make the effort to meet the people around you then the tannery is a very pleasant and sociable place to be. Its a bit smaller than other residences which has its benefits as by the end of the year I reckon I knew about 1 in 4 of the people living there and I ended up making very close friends in my accommodation as it was so close knit.

I will definitely miss the tannery as I had some amazing memories there. Hands down the best year of my life so far. I wish everyone entering their first year of uni the best of luck!! :smile:

p.s: im not actually a loser either.. it really was a good accommodation! uni is what you make it to be so just go with an open mind!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Nice to see the OP using their first posts on this site to slag off UNITE, whilst then introducing their 'friend' who bigs up IQ accomodation....yeah believable.

I have applied for The Tannery, hope i dont slip on all the sewage.
Reply 23
Original post by toria_91
I was required to get up at 5am while I was on placement in January and finding I was having to shower in the pitch dark as my bathroom lights would just trip out. I have cut my self in the shower several times because of this ridiculous problem. I have been complaining all year about the lights in my room and nothing at all has been done about it.

The best part about this post is the fact that you never even put a torch/ candle in the bathroom just in case the lights went out. Even over the course of a YEAR!

Quick Reply

Latest