Reply 2
Free force
:/ no

i strongly dissagree.

we will all be mixed race some day.
I'm going to watch this.
But no.
Reply 4
I think the argument goes along the lines that you will have a more 'superior' combination of alleles if you have descended from two genetically distant parents. But meh.
Reply 5
Lou Reed
I think the argument goes along the lines that you will have a more 'superior' combination of alleles if you have descended from two genetically distant parents. But meh.

:yep:
They may have a large variety of genes but when it comes to social things such as identity, no.

I'll watch it though. Sounds good.
mariame
i strongly dissagree.

we will all be mixed race some day.

This.
Lou Reed

So, with that logic, being Aryan is most probably the worst `race` you can be, ever!

Hoorah! The eugenicists were wrong (not that haven't ever been, but you know...)! I knew they were just jealous about what the Black guys had got going on under there...and those Latino guys with their boyish good looks...:wink:
mariame
:yep:

Do you even know what alleles are?
Lou Reed

Yeah, I'd still rather have two parents of the same ethnicity.
Some of the most beautiful people are mixed race.
Reply 12
I'll watch it and answer then.

As it is, I have no idea. Mixed raced people tend to be AMAZINGLY good looking though. :wink:
Reply 13
Phil2008
Do you even know what alleles are?

:confused: why would i start a thread based on biology? if i had no clue about the structure of genes/dna/alleles... basically the human Genome?

:banghead:

lol?
Lou Reed

Yeah, this is what I've heard as well, so it could well be better for that reason alone. I've never heard of that documentary, but thanks for the link OP, I'll watch it later and maybe come back to this thread with a better answer :yep:
mariame
:confused: why would i start a thread based on biology? if i had no clue about the structure of genes/dna/alleles... basically the human Genome?

:banghead:

lol?

You seem the sort to nod and agree with anything supporting your "mixed race is better" without knowing anything yourself.
Reply 16
Phil2008
You seem the sort to nod and agree with anything supporting your "mixed race is better" without knowing anything yourself.

because i belive it is better that is why if someone agrees with me i will nod:biggrin:
obviously i'm not a geneticist but with the minimal(a-level biology)knowledge i have i can make a generalised opinion.:yep: no?

in bold- i find that a bit un called for. :frown:
Reply 17
mariame
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/is-it-better-to-be-mixed-race/4od#3074080

Wow this is a great docu. If u have done any science subjects at say A-Level, Ie. Biology u can really see wots going on.

WOW. it IS better to be............:confused:

thoughts?

I think this should be left alone. It's interesting, but if it proves one race is superior, or inferior, or whatever, it could cause more racial hatred and do more harm then good. :/
Reply 18
.Ali.
I think this should be left alone. It's interesting, but if it proves one race is superior, or inferior, or whatever, it could cause more racial hatred and do more harm then good. :/

i get your point. but it's not supposed to provoke superiority etc.. its just opinion:yep: , so in that respect your opinion is respected:yep:
Reply 19
mariame
i get your point. but it's not supposed to provoke superiority etc.. its just opinion:yep: , so in that respect your opinion is respected:yep:

I know it isn't, it's cos of all the extremists and racists, like if there weren't any of those about it would be a really good thing to uncover, but if some people get hold of it and like manipulate the facts it could start a whole lot of **** and create more racial divide. :eek3:

The science behind it about the alleles (sorry if I spelt that wrong) is really interesting though. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending