The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Some screenshots of my Firefight encounter earlier on

Order dispatched from GAME today. Been playing lots of Halo 3 lately, got all my achievements for both Halo 3 and ODST. :biggrin: Ready to pwn the **** out of Reach and anyone playing against me, kuuuung-pow in the face!

Got Halo Wars on the way too, thought I'd make it a goal to get all the achievements for that buy I read one of them is playing lots of online games and I'm not really prepared to do that....
Mine shipped on the 9th but to my other address. I'll see tomorrow if its there....*waits in anticipation*

If it is. Sod the unpacking. Xbox on, game all night.
Reply 183
The new Service Records are up :beard: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=Starfleets

(Sorry Meus but you're the only person I know with the game :p:)
we're definitely gonna need a new screenshots thread for reach to ruin TSR's bandwidth with :p:
so what difficulty are you guys gonna play the campaign on at first?
Reply 186
Jehuty^
The new Service Records are up :beard: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=Starfleets

(Sorry Meus but you're the only person I know with the game :p:)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=281927

Is that 10,000 kills? Boosters already? :rolleyes:
Reply 187
G8D
It's 62 kills you nugget.

So the score (10,000) is the amount of xp he got? Or the amount of money?

I never got into Halo3 multiplayer, felt a bit stale but reach seems far better
Hippysnake

Order recieved...:eek3:

lolwut?

G8D
It's 62 kills you nugget.

Best insult, ever!

Meus
Some screenshots of my Firefight encounter earlier on

Goddammit, I hate you Meus...

Comrade_Jack
Something or other about Monday night

So, midnight Halo sesh? :awesome:
Reply 189
G8D
It's firefight points.

Similar to campaign scoring in the Halo 3 engine.

I assume this is scaled down using some formula and converted into credits :dontknow:

Yea, i loved firefight on ODST but it needed way more maps, options, matchmaking etc etc. Reach has it and i actually enjoy reach gameplay
Reply 190
Comrade_Jack
we're definitely gonna need a new screenshots thread for reach to ruin TSR's bandwidth with :p:

Could probably post them in here. I don't think Halo 3 had its own thread.
Reply 191
G8D
I want this to become a fully fledged soc :moon:

I was saving my last society slot for something like this :moon:
I feel terrible that I don't care for this game or the Halo series in general (apart from CE).
It just feels like the game hasn't changed since CE, after playing some Reach at my uncles (he got it early) I feel disappointed even more with the games industry.In my opinion Reach feels like a bunch of chairmen made it and not people who make GAMES!!!!

Being a minority sucks, everyone will shout that this is "GOTY" but I could never support a game that provides a hollow experience. I used to believe that people play games for escapism.... how foolish I was.

In short I won't be buying Reach because it doesn't feel like a game it feels more like a presentation by some corporate suits as to why Microsoft should continue investing in them.

Play it for yourself, don't take everything you read as gospel as you might be the type that enjoys such games :p:
Jehuty^
Could probably post them in here. I don't think Halo 3 had its own thread.

What about the Halo 3 Hi-Res Screenshots thread?
Cupid Stunt
Some Halo Reach reviews are in, looking good too. :biggrin:

Ewwwww IGN :p:
Seriously though IGN is definitely not a good source for reviews.
Reply 196
Dinendal Leralonde
What about the Halo 3 Hi-Res Screenshots thread?

That's what I meant. It was only a screenshot thread per se, rather than a 'discuss everything' thread, ala Reach and Modern Warfare 2 etc
Reply 197
Aeon Prince
so what difficulty are you guys gonna play the campaign on at first?

Heroic.

Every time.
Eccentric
Ewwwww IGN :p:
Seriously though IGN is definitely not a good source for reviews.

Tehehee :p: how funny....

Stop whining, don't like don't read.

The IGN video review of Reach is on youtube now if anyone's interested.
Jehuty^
That's what I meant. It was only a screenshot thread per se, rather than a 'discuss everything' thread, ala Reach and Modern Warfare 2 etc

...Shush.

Quick Reply

Latest