The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Bodington Hall Applicants 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sam.day
Alright guys :smile:

So I just got my offer for Bod (post rejection from Henry Price, not bitter at all) and I've accepted. Wondered who I'm gonna be holed up with this September!

If you could post your name (if you want), building & subject, I'll get a little list going - might be able to connect a few people.

So:-

(sam.day) - Sam - Lattimore, D - History
(Alexandra1234567) - Alexandra - Clapham House -English Language & Literature
(Diachrom) - / - Bragg House - English & Japanese
(Johnno the Dj) - John - MaClackey house, M4.01 - Social Sciences
(Ebony Notting) - / - Centre Barbier House - Education & Psychology (1 semester exchange)

Got Bod confirmation :biggrin:
Frazer - Clapham House - Physics
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
rezarf
Got Bod confirmation :biggrin:
Frazer - Clapham House - Physics

Clapham house?! Hello housemate!
Reply 42
Alexandra1234567
Clapham house?! Hello housemate!

Haha wicked!
Do you know how big the houses are?
I mean is it an individual building or the name of a collective group?
rezarf
Haha wicked!
Do you know how big the houses are?
I mean is it an individual building or the name of a collective group?

There are 76 of us in Clapham :smile: and we have a common room on the ground floor, a launderette in the basement, and a kitchen and bathrooms on each floor!

What room are you in :smile:?
Reply 44
Doing Politics and staying in Bodington, McClurkin!
Reply 45
Alexandra1234567
There are 76 of us in Clapham :smile: and we have a common room on the ground floor, a launderette in the basement, and a kitchen and bathrooms on each floor!

What room are you in :smile:?

Ahhh that's epic!
I'm so excited now!

I'm 12 which I'm assuming is ground floor?
I think they do floors in gender with male always on the ground, then females 1st etc. but i may be wrong?
What about you?

Also do you know the main move in day for everyone?
My lease starts 18th sept but I swear term doesn't start till like the 28th?
That seems such a long time to do nothing but drink! ha
rezarf
Ahhh that's epic!
I'm so excited now!

I'm 12 which I'm assuming is ground floor?
I think they do floors in gender with male always on the ground, then females 1st etc. but i may be wrong?
What about you?

Also do you know the main move in day for everyone?
My lease starts 18th sept but I swear term doesn't start till like the 28th?
That seems such a long time to do nothing but drink! ha

Umm I think so, there's 20 on each floor until you get to the third floor where the rooms are larger so there's only 17 :smile: I'm on the 3rd floor, room 70! I'm excited tooooo!

I have heard that too, but I doubt they'll be fully gender separated? All catered contracts start on the 18th yeah, but Freshers' week is from the 20th and then lectures start on the 27th :smile:
Reply 47
Alexandra1234567
Umm I think so, there's 20 on each floor until you get to the third floor where the rooms are larger so there's only 17 :smile: I'm on the 3rd floor, room 70! I'm excited tooooo!

I have heard that too, but I doubt they'll be fully gender separated? All catered contracts start on the 18th yeah, but Freshers' week is from the 20th and then lectures start on the 27th :smile:

Damnit I want a big room!
I've just looked for my course and the intro lectures and whatnot start on the 20th but I'm just gonna go up on the 18th and get stuck in, pleanty of drinking to be done! :smile: ha
rezarf
Damnit I want a big room!
I've just looked for my course and the intro lectures and whatnot start on the 20th but I'm just gonna go up on the 18th and get stuck in, pleanty of drinking to be done! :smile: ha

Haha, I only got that cos I'm a gappy I think :smile:
Yeah, you have welcome meetings and all that sort of thing in freshers'. Eee I'm excited! Have you joined the Bod facebook group?
Reply 49
Alexandra1234567
Haha, I only got that cos I'm a gappy I think :smile:
Yeah, you have welcome meetings and all that sort of thing in freshers'. Eee I'm excited! Have you joined the Bod facebook group?

No i can't find it :/
Link me it?
rezarf
No i can't find it :/
Link me it?

Haha okay!

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1496429367517#!/group.php?gid=166942651792

There you go! :smile:
Reply 51

So I can't spell :facepalm: haha
Joined it! :smile:
rezarf
So I can't spell :facepalm: haha
Joined it! :smile:

Good good :smile:!

EDIT: Also I just got your name ha! It's Frazer backwards...rezarf!
Reply 53
Alexandra1234567
Good good :smile:!

EDIT: Also I just got your name ha! It's Frazer backwards...rezarf!

Well spotted, no one ever gets it! ha :smile:
rezarf
Well spotted, no one ever gets it! ha :smile:

I was just thinking 'rezarf, that's weird...' then it just clicked haha!
Are you excited about September?
Reply 55
To the two new people, added you on the list - nice one.

I reckon we'll get a massive influx of people confirmed maybe next week when everyone starts getting rejected from their halls of choice and moved in here... haha.
Just chatted to a few people who I'll hopefully be working with in the Leeds clubs next year, everyone's saying that people who went to Bod loved it and couldn't stop talking about it. So weird that the halls in the worst location and cheapest facilities get by far the strongest praise, reject waster party-boy mentality! :biggrin:
From nosing around about when new unconditionals will be allocated, I reckon they can't all be rejects from other places :wink: and as Leeds have given themselves until the 9th September to allocate, I'm hoping this slow movement isn't anything to do with Bod's popularity haha :wink:

But yes, I've heard similar reviews Sam! I reckon it's just people eschewing it before they try it, and they're then missing out...
Mortain house, room 47 :smile: message me if you're goin for facebook
Reply 58
onetwothree1
Mortain house, room 47 :smile: message me if you're goin for facebook

What you studying dude?
sam.day
What you studying dude?

psychology, yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest