The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sorry, hollister don't make straight jackets.
Reply 2
Sparkliest
Hi, I'm a size 10-12, 5ft6. What size would I be in Hollister's sizes for hoodies and t-shirts (XS, S, M, L)

Also, if any of you have been to the store, what's it like? Are there changing rooms?
Thank you:o:

Yes they have changing rooms.

And I'm a small (size 8 in UK). So maybe a medium?
There are no changing rooms. They make you undress in front of everyone else so they can all point and laugh at you in your undies.
Reply 4
yeah there are changing rooms, i'd say M so you're comfy? S if you like more fitted hoodies :smile:
Reply 5
I'd say you're a medium, I think 8 is small and 14 is large.
Reply 6
eh eh eh what's with all you guys attacking the poor OP?!
OP- i suggest a google search.... http://www.hollisterco.com/hol/faq/sizecharts.html
Reply 7
Jackeeeee
OP- i suggest a google search.... http://www.hollisterco.com/hol/faq/sizecharts.html

Yeah, what's with all the abuse :frown:
Thank you to the people who answered my question, I think I'll try a medium. :smile:
Bloody hell, why are people being so rude? Size 12 is hardly fat, now.

I agree with the others saying you sound like a Medium.
Jackeeeee

Lads have a problem with idiocy. :colonhash:

And medium probably, if you really feel the need to be told by TSR.
The store is pretty dark; uses ambient lighting so it's a lot different to most clothes shops. They do have changing rooms.

In terms of size, I'd suggest just going to the shop and taking a size small and size medium to the changing room and seeing which one is best :smile:
Reply 11
Bump ^-^
Reply 12
I went to the Abercrombie store in London, and it was hell on earth. I bought some shorts though, size 10 and they were massive, I'm a size 8-10 normally, so a 10 would probably fit you just fine.
Reply 13
I know someone who bought an orange polo from there and when they got outside in the light it was pink...lol it is that dark :smile:
Reply 14
I'm a size 6, but I wear a M in tops because I have broad shoulders. Its best too try on!
jennn*
I know someone who bought an orange polo from there and when they got outside in the light it was pink...lol it is that dark :smile:

Same thing happened to me. I thought I had bought a hoodie - I got outside and realised they were assless leather pants :frown:
Reply 16
halfoflessthan50p
Same thing happened to me. I thought I had bought a hoodie - I got outside and realised they were assless leather pants :frown:

Hate it when that happens :/
Reply 17
Sequin
I'm a size 6, but I wear a M in tops because I have broad shoulders. Its best too try on!

Ohh.. great. :s-smilie:
I bet I'm too big for Hollister stuff then :/
Medium imo.
XS = 6-8
S = 8-10
M = 10-12
L = 12-14.

So you'd be a M or a L, probably most likely a M though. I find the stuff in Hollister runs big, I'm a 6, take an XS and it's often too big. The UK Hollister sizes are larger than the equivalent US so again that's something to just remember. If you are buying abroad maybe size up.

Abercrombie is even more vanity sized than Hollister so I wouldn't go by their sizing. An Abercrombie 00 is the same as a Hollister 0, they're just following the different markets!

Latest