The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Goodricke College - Janet Baker Court

Anyone else definately going there?! :smile: I'm in flat 25...can't remember the room ha!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. Room GBA/A1/244, Flat 23
University of York
York
Reply 2
Oh! Good! Just checked I'm in GBA/A2/272. Looking forward? What're you studying?
Reply 3
Katie610
Anyone else definately going there?! :smile: I'm in flat 25...can't remember the room ha!

Yes I shall be there - I'm Flat 32, GBA A1/328. Third floor apparently!
Reply 4
Katie610

Hello flat mate!! I'm in room 264 :smile:
Reply 5
Hey guys, very excited about joining y'all! I'm GBA/A1/351 (from what i can remember lol) how do you find out what flat you're in?
Reply 6
pandz26
Hey guys, very excited about joining y'all! I'm GBA/A1/351 (from what i can remember lol) how do you find out what flat you're in?

Your offer of accommodation should include your flat number. I think you're in Flat 34 :smile:

Peter.
Reply 7
Hey, accepted Flat 32 Room 322 :smile: Really pleased with it, judging by the video on Goodricke's Website/youtube it looks like we all picked well!
Reply 8
Willd
Hey, accepted Flat 32 Room 322 :smile: Really pleased with it, judging by the video on Goodricke's Website/youtube it looks like we all picked well!

I'm in Flat 32 as well, room 328! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Katie610
Oh! Good! Just checked I'm in GBA/A2/272. Looking forward? What're you studying?

Hello, I'm studying Linguistics. :smile:

And I really am looking forward to York. Since I got my offer, it's where I've wanted to be. Great relief to have it confirmed.

What about you?

And @everyone, have you seen the common room in Goodricke? :eek: It looks like a lovely social area
Reply 10
cagneyrat
And @everyone, have you seen the common room in Goodricke? :eek: It looks like a lovely social area

Don't forget that you will have access to both the Junior Common Room and General Common Room, both of which are wonderful social spaces. I did grow very fond of the GCR for the free toasties on a Wednesday evening :smile:

Peter.
Reply 11
pg2114
Don't forget that you will have access to both the Junior Common Room and General Common Room, both of which are wonderful social spaces. I did grow very fond of the GCR for the free toasties on a Wednesday evening :smile:

Peter.

I suppose you'd know, you mentioned a new hub building, do yknow what's going in that?
Reply 12
JoshC
I suppose you'd know, you mentioned a new hub building, do yknow what's going in that?

I'm not completely sure to be honest. I think the Ron Cook hub is going to contain lecture theatres, seminar rooms, private study areas and offices for businesses who want to get involved with the university :s-smilie:

Peter.
Reply 13
Flat 02, GBA/A1/022. Here :biggrin:
Reply 14
wont somebody in flat 15 pleaseeeeeeee appear. i feel like i'm going to live alone!!!!!
Reply 15
sodiumx
wont somebody in flat 15 pleaseeeeeeee appear. i feel like i'm going to live alone!!!!!

I have had a quick flick through the Facebook group and have spotted that Danielle Wray will be living in Flat 15 of Janet Baker court :smile:

Peter.
Reply 16
thats meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin: see what i mean :frown: .. ill just sesh on my own its fineeee
Reply 17
sodiumx
thats meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin: see what i mean :frown: .. ill just sesh on my own its fineeee

I do remember someone saying that Goodricke College was oversubscribed by one student, so they've had to set up a bed in the bike sheds. You do realise that Flat 15 is just Goodricke College's codename for the bike sheds? :p:

Peter.
Reply 18
sodiumx

Out of interest, have you been onto the Goodricke College website? I can't get onto it yet, but I believe you should be able to see who you're living with next year :smile:

Peter.
Reply 19
i have, if it's the one with the video tour? i'm not sure how to navigate around it :frown:
i just want to know who may or may not steal my food !!

Quick Reply

Latest