The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Goodricke College - Janet Baker Court

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
FutureSailor
I was wondering about the cycle/walking path. Looked at the YSJU videos and so on but they only show Goodricke itself. Is it a nice ride/walk. Safe at night and so on?
Also how long does it take to get between the two campuses and from Goodricke into the city?

Hi,

If you are referring about the journey to and from the two campuses then the ride/walk at the moment is basically down what you will come to call the ' yellow brick road'. Although i did not cycle it myself i have walked up and down there plenty of times, day and night. It is a fairly nice walk so see no reason why it shouldn't be a nice ride :smile:

The yellow brick road has very good lighting along with lots of CCTV cameras, not to mention the regular security patrol. However it was always recommended that you try to avoid walking between campuses late at night unless there are at least two of you. That said i have done it many times alone and in groups and i have never encountered any problems.

The walk itself takes about 10-15 minuets, depending how quickly you walk. It also depends on which department you are going to on main campus as the distance between different departments can be 10 minuets alone. I usually found that it was best to leave at least 20-30 minuets before your lecture or event. This gives you plenty of time to get there without rushing.

I would not advise walking into town from goodricke unless you have quite a bit of spare time. Here cycling would be the best option if you rather not get a bus. I have never cycled so i cannot give a time. I can say that walking would be at least 1 hour.

Alastair.
University of York
York
hello, i am looking to get a janet baker room, i was just wondering, is the top floor mainly en suites ORRRRRR are there any shared flats, because i want to be on the top floor (nice view) but i want the cheapest price (obviously) so i am hoping the shared rooms are on the top floor!!! any help pleaseeeeee?
I'm reading this thread years later and the crazy thing is, I'm in this exact room 😂. I'm wondering what the window situation is like cause I have alot of plants hahaha
Reply 63
Original post by JoshC
Hello flat mate!! I'm in room 264 :smile:

So weird! 10 years later and this is my room 🤣🤣

Quick Reply

Latest