The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've just been emailed the title of my jurisprudence essay. It already feels like I have so much to do this term including VS applications and essays and everything else. :sad:
Reply 381
Hi, I'm a new member of the Law Society thread and was wondering if I could get any help!

I am in the middle of writing my personal statement for Law (I hope it's not too late, I have re-sits I have been studying for) and I realised that I haven't mentioned the reasons why I want to study Law enough.

I know why, I'm just having a hard time putting it down onto paper. Any ideas?

I plan on sending my application off by mid-November and take the LNAT like a week after that (I still haven't booked a date, is there a long queue)

Thanks! I'm open to any suggestions! =)
Original post by Spain'93
Hi, I'm a new member of the Law Society thread and was wondering if I could get any help!

I am in the middle of writing my personal statement for Law (I hope it's not too late, I have re-sits I have been studying for) and I realised that I haven't mentioned the reasons why I want to study Law enough.

I know why, I'm just having a hard time putting it down onto paper. Any ideas?

I plan on sending my application off by mid-November and take the LNAT like a week after that (I still haven't booked a date, is there a long queue)

Thanks! I'm open to any suggestions! =)

Hey, for more replies, check out this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1409333&page=19

It's more suitable for what you are asking. :smile:
Reply 383
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Hey, for more replies, check out this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1409333&page=19

It's more suitable for what you are asking. :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 384
Clifford Chance placement at the end of November, and Allen & Overy next Wednesday for drinks and lunch :biggrin:

Exciting times! :smile:
Original post by Jakko247
Clifford Chance placement at the end of November, and Allen & Overy next Wednesday for drinks and lunch :biggrin:

Exciting times! :smile:

Congratulations. :moon:
Reply 386
Hi,
I've just joined the society. Can this thread include offer holders for the LLB? Pleaseeee :biggrin:
****ing international law with it's ****ing conventions.
Original post by >Anna<
****ing international law with it's ****ing conventions.

I'm doing Public international law next term. What is it like? How are you finding it?
I haven't gotten my application in yet and it looks like I might take a couple of weeks yet to finish it. I'm planning on applying to the likes of Nottingham and Warwick for straight law. I'm worried.. should I be worried? :|

Edit:
I think this might have been the wrong place to post this..
(edited 13 years ago)
Making ****ing notes on such a vast ****ing subject.

/latetotheparty :getmecoat:
Guy is a legend.

"The House of Commons starts its proceedings with a prayer. The chaplain looks at the assembled members with their varied intelligence and then prays for the country."
Reply 393
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
*****ng Labour Law essay

This.

Wrongful dismissal is a crock of ****e.
-

Not really, since I'm in the same boat as a first year!

Which other modules are you doing? Mine are Criminal, Tort and Civil (Roman).

Anyway, I've got a moot tomorrow, so I should probably go to bed. 'Night everyone. :wavey:
(edited 5 years ago)
Third Party Rights/JQT :emo:

Original post by Tortious

Anyway, I've got a moot tomorrow, so I should probably go to bed. 'Night everyone. :wavey:

Good luck. :h:

Good luck. :h:

Thanks. :biggrin:

Oh, and thanks for inviting me to join the society too. I wouldn't have had the sense to do it on my own otherwise... :colondollar:
Thanks. :biggrin:

Oh, and thanks for inviting me to join the society too. I wouldn't have had the sense to do it on my own otherwise... :colondollar:

:tongue:

So have you got a partner for the moot? Which side are you acting as? :holmes:
:tongue:

So have you got a partner for the moot? Which side are you acting as? :holmes:

Well...yes and no. I'm the junior appellant, but 2/4 people go through (regardless of whether the appeal is allowed) so really I'm still competing against the senior appellant as it's an individual moot.

The case isn't too bad - it's a tort one. A guy goes to a GUM clinic and is diagnosed with HIV, consultant tells the guy's GP (who is also the guy's wife's GP) but the guy refuses to discuss it with his wife. Wife goes to the GP to say she wants to try for kids but the GP doesn't tell her about her husband's HIV. She has unprotected sex with him and contracts HIV.

At first instance, the doctors are held liable (negligence), and the grounds of appeal are:

(i) Consultant didn't owe the wife a duty of care
(ii) If a duty of care was owed by the doctors, providing the husband with advice was enough to discharge their duty - there was no requirement for them to breach confidentiality and tell the wife that he had HIV

I'm dealing with the second point. It strikes me as strange that in the three moots I've looked at, the junior's point seems more difficult (even though the senior is, I thought, "like a QC")... :beard:
Well...yes and no. I'm the junior appellant, but 2/4 people go through (regardless of whether the appeal is allowed) so really I'm still competing against the senior appellant as it's an individual moot.

The case isn't too bad - it's a tort one. A guy goes to a GUM clinic and is diagnosed with HIV, consultant tells the guy's GP (who is also the guy's wife's GP) but the guy refuses to discuss it with his wife. Wife goes to the GP to say she wants to try for kids but the GP doesn't tell her about her husband's HIV. She has unprotected sex with him and contracts HIV.

At first instance, the doctors are held liable (negligence), and the grounds of appeal are:

(i) Consultant didn't owe the wife a duty of care
(ii) If a duty of care was owed by the doctors, providing the husband with advice was enough to discharge their duty - there was no requirement for them to breach confidentiality and tell the wife that he had HIV

I'm dealing with the second point. It strikes me as strange that in the three moots I've looked at, the junior's point seems more difficult (even though the senior is, I thought, &quot;like a QC&quot:wink:... :beard:

Go through? Is this course-grade related or just a general competition? Sounds very interesting! I hope ours is good. :colonhash:

You've probably had it by now, so how did it go?

Latest

Trending

Trending