The Student Room Group

Is it realistic to apply to universities with BBB for predicted grades?

Hello I've been predicted BBB in physics chemistry and maths
I have an interest in civil engineering and chemical engineering and I want to go to a good university obviously not a top one :rolleyes:. I would be applying to a Beng and hopefully go to a Meng after.

For civil engineering are the departments in these universities any good and do I have a realistic chance of getting on them

liverpool
exeter
surrey
Queens belfast
City university

Also would i have a realistic chance of getting on any chem eng course with BBB?
Reply 1
I can only speak for civil, (im starting in a few weeks) but i think all your unis you've put down are good unis and are realistic for the grades you're predicted. I know for sure surrey ask for BBB as well as Liverpool and Exeter.
Reply 2
BBB prediction - what did you actually attain at AS?
Reply 3
What are the required grades for those universities (If you don't know, you can find them in the times university guide, look it up on google)? If your prediction is BBB, I suggest that you apply to courses that ask for BBB and courses that ask for BBC :smile: there are unis that offer engineering (both civil and chemical) for BCC so I wouldn't worry all that much, to be honest. Just remember not to aim too high (otherwise you might not end up getting any offers) and to do your best in the exams to get the highest grades that you can achieve ^^
bbb, city univeristy?
Reply 5
For QUB it's BCC for chemical engineering and ABB for civil engineering.

Although you're a little under for civil engineering it's still worth a try :smile:
Apply for a BEng since it'll have a lower entry requirement, then work at at university to get asked to join the MEng programme. Simples.
Reply 7
For those predicted grades, and for Civil Engineering, why haven't you included Swansea University? For the BEng BBC is required, and it's one of the country's best Civil Engineering departments. It is certainly more reputable for Civil Engineering than the universities that you've listed.
Reply 8
Exeter is sooo boring though. visit and see theres nothing there! Xx
Reply 9
ok so I don't know much about engineering but am bored so i thought that i'd have a look for you.
For Civi Engineering:
Exeter want ABB-BBB so you can get in with a great personal statements
city want 280 points
liverpool want BBB
Queens Belfast want BBC-BCCb
surrey want BBB

You should be fine.
Reply 10
legendary collison
bbb, city univeristy?

yeah or ABB for Meng

OMGWTFBBQ
BBB prediction - what did you actually attain at AS?

CCC with retakes in physics and chemistry as i got B'S and D's in the exams so I should be ok.

Brainss
For those predicted grades, and for Civil Engineering, why haven't you included Swansea University? For the BEng BBC is required, and it's one of the country's best Civil Engineering departments. It is certainly more reputable for Civil Engineering than the universities that you've listed.

Swansea looked really good but their looking for ABB from what I've read and i thought they would automatically reject me :s-smilie:
EH18
Exeter is sooo boring though. visit and see theres nothing there! Xx

yeah I've heard that but it looks really pretty =[
Surrey seems fine, not sure about Exeter though.
Reply 12
minicuckoo
yeah or ABB for Meng

CCC with retakes in physics and chemistry as i got B'S and D's in the exams so I should be ok.

Swansea looked really good but their looking for ABB from what I've read and i thought they would automatically reject me :s-smilie:

As some one who went to college there... the pretty novelty wears off pretty quickly when you realise you can walk the entire city highstreet in ten meniutes and count the nightclubs on one hand :smile:
Reply 13
minicuckoo
yeah or ABB for Meng

Oh is it ABB now? Even for the BEng?
Reply 14
yeah :/ everywhere has gone up
Reply 15
Original post by minicuckoo

Hello I've been predicted BBB in physics chemistry and maths
I have an interest in civil engineering and chemical engineering and I want to go to a good university obviously not a top one :rolleyes:. I would be applying to a Beng and hopefully go to a Meng after.

For civil engineering are the departments in these universities any good and do I have a realistic chance of getting on them

liverpool
exeter
surrey
Queens belfast
City university

Also would i have a realistic chance of getting on any chem eng course with BBB?

boy you are not alone..i was also predicted same grades but i got good offers from top universities like
nottingham--BBB-ABC
Loughborough--BBB
strathclyde-ABB
i am still waiting for edingburgh..

Loughborough gave me an offer and there minimum entry requirement was BBB and I'm predicted ACC.. One Grade difference is worth a shot.

Quick Reply

Latest