The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

When do I find out what college I'm at?

I'm applying to Cuths, as I really want to be self catred, but I've choosen Cuths instead of JB, because I don't want the long walk up to the music department everyday! Will I find out if I've got into Cuths the same time I find out if I'm accepted or rejected to Durham, or do I wait longer to find out about the college? Is Cuths very popular, or do I have a good chance with getting into the college I want? Thanks!
Reply 1
If you apply to cuths you will get an offer from Cuths if they have space for you, if not you will get an offer from a different college (assuming the department accepts you) Yes you'll find out at the same time as if you in.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Nionnyn
I'm applying to Cuths, as I really want to be self catred, but I've choosen Cuths instead of JB, because I don't want the long walk up to the music department everyday! Will I find out if I've got into Cuths the same time I find out if I'm accepted or rejected to Durham, or do I wait longer to find out about the college? Is Cuths very popular, or do I have a good chance with getting into the college I want? Thanks!

This year, for the first time, the initial offer from UCAS will not be associated with a College - you'll find out which College you're with shortly (probably no more than two weeks) afterwards. Basically, the University will follow the same process it does at present but UCAS will be informed as soon as the departmental decision has been made and the College will be determined afterwards. You'll find out which College you're with at the same time as you would have in previous years, only you'll have heard whether you're in to Durham some days earlier.
Reply 3
Great! Thank you!!! I'm not convinced that I'll get an offer, as the standard is so high, but if I do, which college I get will influance my decision greatly as to weather I take the offer or not! Thanks!
I didn't realise you could go self catered at Cuths? Are there kitchens there then?
Reply 5
*buried-in-books*
I didn't realise you could go self catered at Cuths? Are there kitchens there then?

Cuths has two different sites. One of them is a block of fully self catered flats with kitchens, and is a short walk from the main college buildings.
dring
Cuths has two different sites. One of them is a block of fully self catered flats with kitchens, and is a short walk from the main college buildings.

Thanks! so if you live in the self-catered flats, are you just as much part of cuths as the catered people? or is it a bit seperate?
Reply 7
*buried-in-books*
Thanks! so if you live in the self-catered flats, are you just as much part of cuths as the catered people? or is it a bit seperate?

I don't go to Cuths, so I'm not sure, but I think it's probably somewhere in the middle. The different flats are definitely part of one big community, probably far more so than standard self catered flats at other unis, but at the same time it's difficult to have quite the same community as if everyone mixed together for meals.

So I'd say it's a bit separate, but not very much.
Nionnyn
Great! Thank you!!! I'm not convinced that I'll get an offer, as the standard is so high, but if I do, which college I get will influance my decision greatly as to weather I take the offer or not! Thanks!

Shallow or what?

Latest