The Student Room Group
Please tell me this is in the wrong forum, you aren't applying for veterinary medicine, and this doesn't need to be done for the October 15th deadline...
Oh boy. You have approx 2 hours and 20 minutes left. Sort something out, sharpish.
Reply 3
totallyme
Hi,

I haven't yet received my reference from my referee and have just found out that he is on holiday. Has this ever happened to anyone? Is there anything that I can do?

Thank you for your help!

Given that you have little hope of getting a reference tonight, I'd click the box to say my course does not require a reference and then submit the application. Then contact the unis on Monday to tell them the situation and get the reference there asap. It may not be accepted by the vet schools but the alternative is just giving up tonight.
Or find a new referee, get it changed on UCAS, and get a reference written, approved and submitted by the new referee within the next two and a quarter hours.

Go now, and try to save your application. Right now.
Reply 5
:O
woahh.
Didnt you inform your referee you were applying for veterinary med??
Reply 6
How can you leave something like this to the last 2 hours? Oo if it was me I would have been yelling at my referee like last month to get it sent already.. I doubt the vet unis will be lenient about this..
Reply 7
Woah!

I think I would go all Rambo if I was in this situation. But, yeah what other people have said...
Reply 8
The option of no referee is probably the best option, but why leave it so late? :lolwut:
Reply 9
All fixed :biggrin: HALLELUJAH!!!! Even better referee now :biggrin:
totallyme
All fixed :biggrin: HALLELUJAH!!!! Even better referee now :biggrin:

whos your referee now?

good luck!!!
Reply 11
The vet I've been working with rather than my school. Thank you - I'll need it! (Fingers crossed the internet doesn't go down now...that'd be all I need!)
Did you get it submitted? Yikes, close one if you did!

Latest

Trending

Trending