The Student Room Group

Paramedic Practice/Science-2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, just went to the post office for a C1 form and the women didn't have a clue what I was on about! Is the C1 the same thing as a D2? if so, why are they called different things?
Original post by The Procrastinator
Hey guys, just went to the post office for a C1 form and the women didn't have a clue what I was on about! Is the C1 the same thing as a D2? if so, why are they called different things?

C1 or C is the CATEGORY you need to have added to your full cat B licence as a provisional category

you need the following FORMS

D2 and D4

D2 is the vocational licence application form

D4 is the medical form

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_10012514
Original post by zippyRN
C1 or C is the CATEGORY you need to have added to your full cat B licence as a provisional category

D2 and D4

D4 is the medical form

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_10012514

I'm such an idiot :redface:

I've now sent off for the D2 form :biggrin:

Then the fun and games of D4 begin! :colondollar:

Thanks!
Reply 43
Original post by Paulwilly
Just applied to edge hill only via ucas. Married with children so limited options, I am currently doing access to HE in nursing that should give me enough points to get on course. I also have level 2 maths and English and full UK driving licence. I work as a carer what do you think my chances are please give feedback.

Hi, not sure about your chances, but I think they are pretty good. Your access course is a good entry and you've got experience working as carer. What type of care do you do?

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I take it you are a mature student?
Original post by zippyRN

D2 and D4

D4 is the medical form

Confusingly D2 is also the IHCD advanced driving course required by ambulance services for blue light driving... :P:
Original post by chriscpritchard
Confusingly D2 is also the IHCD advanced driving course required by ambulance services for blue light driving... :P:

i didn't even go there with modules D1 and D2 of the IHCD driving syllabus ...
Reply 46
Original post by zippyRN

Did anyone else get a phone call from Greenwich today? =]
Reply 47
Can anyone find the Greenwich BSc(Hons) course on their site? I've applied for it via UCAS as I needed a fifth choice and the uni itself seems reasonable, but I couldn't find the course itself on their site. I'm not too worried as I had no other options for fifth choice, heh.

Cheers.
Reply 48
Hey i have applied to UWE, Greenwich, Staffordshire, Oxford Brookes, Portsmouth
I have been rejected by UWE and have an interview for Staffs on 18th november!

Last year i got a conditional offer from Brookes but couldn't go cause my grades weren't good enough.

I have a lot of experience in the health care profession and have provisional C1 on my lience hopefully getting full next year.

Fingers crossed next year i will get in! :smile:
Kaph the BSc at Grennwich is new this year which is why there probably isn't much information on it.
Reply 50
Original post by Kaph
Can anyone find the Greenwich BSc(Hons) course on their site? I've applied for it via UCAS as I needed a fifth choice and the uni itself seems reasonable, but I couldn't find the course itself on their site. I'm not too worried as I had no other options for fifth choice, heh.

Cheers.

I also had this problem but emailed them and they sent this link- http://www.gre.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/467974/D4132-10_Health_prospectus_WEB.pdf

The information about the BSc is on page 11.
Hope this helps.
Reply 51
Original post by Happy_Holidays
Kaph the BSc at Grennwich is new this year which is why there probably isn't much information on it.

Original post by pip91uk
I also had this problem but emailed them and they sent this link- http://www.gre.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/467974/D4132-10_Health_prospectus_WEB.pdf

The information about the BSc is on page 11.
Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, you are superb. Seems that was a bit of a waste of a choice, as they require you to have a full C1 license on entry, heh. I'll have been 18 for a week and a day. Ah well. If needed I'm sure I could discuss that with them.
Reply 52
Original post by Katiej3970
Hey i have applied to UWE, Greenwich, Staffordshire, Oxford Brookes, Portsmouth
I have been rejected by UWE and have an interview for Staffs on 18th november!

Last year i got a conditional offer from Brookes but couldn't go cause my grades weren't good enough.

I have a lot of experience in the health care profession and have provisional C1 on my lience hopefully getting full next year.

Fingers crossed next year i will get in! :smile:

Did you get a rejection from UWE straight away, or after completing their questionnaire? :smile:
I dont know how many of you are aware but the universities are scrapping the diploma or no longer accepting 5 GCSE's anymore. This is due to the sheer number of people that apply so you will now need A levels, access or in some cases NVQ 3. I have spoken to the admissions in most universities and verified this.
Reply 54
Original post by platinumfall
I dont know how many of you are aware but the universities are scrapping the diploma or no longer accepting 5 GCSE's anymore. This is due to the sheer number of people that apply so you will now need A levels, access or in some cases NVQ 3. I have spoken to the admissions in most universities and verified this.

When does this come into affect? I think only a few universities accept just GCSE's for courses, such as staffordshire. Alot of them already do require level 3 qualifications for entry. I have a BTEC National Diploma, so I think I'm covered, hopefully!
Reply 55
Original post by platinumfall

Scrapping the diploma? I don't understand, will they be offering the FdSc/BSc instead? I'm particularly interested in Sheffield Hallam and UCLAN's diploma courses if you know anything about these in particular?

If you could elaborate on this it would be very useful please!
Reply 56
Original post by jooooshie
Did you get a rejection from UWE straight away, or after completing their questionnaire? :smile:

This year i got rejected straight away, but last year i got rejected after completing the questionnaire! i'm guessing they don't want me!!! :biggrin:
Reply 57
This year i got rejected straight away, but last year i got rejected after completing the questionnaire! i'm guessing they don't want me!!! :biggrin:

It looks like they've put the required grades up this year so maybe that's why you were unsuccessful (I don't have the required grades anymore).
Good luck on getting a place, I know how it can feel like forever if you have a knock back or have to wait, it took me 2 years to get onto this course. Just keep trying, get feedback if you're unsuccessful and work on filling those gaps.

Keep us posted!
Reply 58

aw, well i'm sure you'll get in somewhere! i'm really scared they're going to reject me after the questionnaire :frown:
The uni courses are all DipHE, FdSc and BSc. This is unlikely to change in the near future.

Quick Reply

Latest