The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

AAC prediction - should i bother applying to exeter?

I've heard that they're real tight on giving offers - soshould I bother applying to the Exeter cornwall campus with predictions of AAC?

Also - if not where else should I apply with AAC?!
I'm playing it safe and applying for BBB and BCC unis - but i'm thinking i should hope for something a little higher

thank you for help#!

ps. it's for history
Reply 1
..bump!

i really need an answer!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I'll bump for you, OP. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by henryviii
I've heard that they're real tight on giving offers - soshould I bother applying to the Exeter cornwall campus with predictions of AAC?

Also - if not where else should I apply with AAC?!
I'm playing it safe and applying for BBB and BCC unis - but i'm thinking i should hope for something a little higher

thank you for help#!

ps. it's for history

Just apply it's just one choice.
It's good to have one optimistic choice, go for it.
Reply 5
where else does anyone recommend? i have no idea where to apply for - i'm too low for AAB but too high for BBB :|
Reply 6
Could you ask your teacher to raise your C prediction to a B?
Reply 7
where else does anyone recommend? i have no idea where to apply for - i'm too low for AAB but too high for BBB :|

Apply to a uni that uses UCAS points. So apply for an 320 points uni. But are you just going to base it on the entry requirements because they can change at any time. Birmingham french was BBB and during the year they changed it to AAB. I thought that wasn't allowed but apparently you're allowed to do that so they have the right funding for the amount of students.
the Cornwall Campus might be nicer than the normal Exeter with regards to this...i think they are less popular, and i know that it's kind of different, but one of my friends got in there to do Politics, he got an offer of AAB and they accepted him even though he only got ABC...so go for it! as someone said, it's only one of your 5 choices :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by taxatoon
Could you ask your teacher to raise your C prediction to a B?

I only got a C at AS - so I doubt i'll get any higher at A2, so there wouldn't be any point!
Reply 10
I only got a C at AS - so I doubt i'll get any higher at A2, so there wouldn't be any point!

Generally places do up your predictions by a grade because they expect you to resit, work harder, become more accustomed to the course etc. Also, you need to be optimistic about your grades - if you don't think you'll go up then you won't. I say apply - it's something to aspire to.
Go for it, the Cornwall Campus isn't as competitive as the main one anyway. AAC are pretty good grades, I think you've got a fair shot at it.
Reply 12
Original post by max_123
Generally places do up your predictions by a grade because they expect you to resit, work harder, become more accustomed to the course etc. Also, you need to be optimistic about your grades - if you don't think you'll go up then you won't. I say apply - it's something to aspire to.

I know but I've missed the resit deadline and i'd have to get a ridiculously high grade this year to up my grade from a c to a b. I hate the subject too - and I'd rather work really hard on getting the two As than upping my C to a B!

If tha makes sense - thank yuo anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending