The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just sent mine off! UCAS has it but it just has to be acknowledged or something like that. I am not actually sure how these things work. :-(
Reply 2
Sent mine on thursday, processed on friday. Already got an acknowledgement from Liverpool somehow?

Original post by wherethebeaverlive
Just sent mine off! UCAS has it but it just has to be acknowledged or something like that. I am not actually sure how these things work. :-(

Basically, once your sixth form/college/wherever (unless you're applying independently) has approved it, UCAS take a while to process it and send your application to the universities you've chosen. I have no idea how long this takes, but for me it was pretty quick - i.e under 24 hours. However, you eventually get a welcome letter from UCAS through the post which has more information inside, including your track ID which lets you look at your choices/offers/etc - sometimes you can see this before though using the same personal ID as on your UCAS apply page :smile:

Good luck to you both!
before next friday hopefully
Sometime next week hopefully
Original post by Wookie42

Original post by Wookie42
Sent mine on thursday, processed on friday. Already got an acknowledgement from Liverpool somehow?

Basically, once your sixth form/college/wherever (unless you're applying independently) has approved it, UCAS take a while to process it and send your application to the universities you've chosen. I have no idea how long this takes, but for me it was pretty quick - i.e under 24 hours. However, you eventually get a welcome letter from UCAS through the post which has more information inside, including your track ID which lets you look at your choices/offers/etc - sometimes you can see this before though using the same personal ID as on your UCAS apply page :smile:

Good luck to you both!

Thanks! It's taking really long to receive the welcome letter. I imagine it's because so many people have applied. It's very annoying because I sent mine off 3 weeks ago but my sixth form took VERY long to process my application because I didn't apply to Oxbridge or medicine and they said that if it gets there by january it should be fine:banghead: so I blame it on them!
And good luck to you too! What's your first choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Im ready to send mine off now but as its half term i presume my school wont add the reference etc now so i guess i might as well wait til next week..
Reply 7
Next week...hopefully...
Reply 8
Original post by wherethebeaverlive
Thanks! It's taking really long to receive the welcome letter. I imagine it's because so many people have applied. It's very annoying because I sent mine off 3 weeks ago but my sixth form took VERY long to process my application because I didn't apply to Oxbridge or medicine and they said that if it gets there by january it should be fine:banghead: so I blame it on them!
And good luck to you too! What's your first choice?

Ah I hate that how schools have such power over your application - I asked my tutor to write my reference and he didn't get round to it for weeks. I know they're busy, but when they give me deadlines for work I'm expected to meet them... the same doesn't seem to apply when its them writing references :P

As for choices, I'd love to go to Liverpool but I doubt it'll happen haha! Would also love going to Aberystwyth though which are wayyy more likely to give me an offer. Time will tell though, I hate the waiting!

Original post by Crimsonchilli
Im ready to send mine off now but as its half term i presume my school wont add the reference etc now so i guess i might as well wait til next week..

Hi there, I'd recommend you send off your application as soon as you can - yes your school might not even look at it until when you go back, but if tons of other people have sent theirs during half term, you'll be at the bottom of the pile.
Last Wednesday. Got processed last Friday.

Not received the welcome letter or anything but I've already logged in to Track.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Im sending mine of hopefully in two weeks gt to get people to look at my personal statement (make sure its perfetc)
Reply 11
Sent it on the 12th. ^_________^
Mmm I'm going to get teachers to check my personal statement at the end of this week so next week I can re-draft and hopefully HOPEFULLY get it sent off by the 8th at the latest..

I hate feeling this pressure, hearing that people are already getting offers!! Kills me inside :eek:

Anyway good luck guys :smile:
Reply 13
Sent it on the 11th...

Offer today :biggrin:
Reply 14
Will hopefuly be sending once I'm back in college after half term :smile:
Already sent it, but it's still floating around the school system while they check it for the fifteen millilonth time. :tongue:
Reply 16
hopefully in 2 weeks :biggrin:
Reply 17
Already sent it. Waiting for the college to check it and write a reference..... :smile:
Reply 18
Sent it on the 19th, UCAS processed it on the 23rd, got two acknowledgements on Monday :smile:
Original post by SOA Vamp
Sent it on the 19th, UCAS processed it on the 23rd, got two acknowledgements on Monday :smile:

What's an acknowledgement in terms of UCAS?

Latest

Trending

Trending