The Student Room Group

Classics Offers for 2011/2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rophie.soss
Also, there are no UCL interviews this year. (You can thank David Cameron for that!) Did you not receive the questionnaire? That's replacing it.

What is that questionnaire about? I've heard of that but don't know what it's for. Sounds interesting although I decided not to apply to UCL (:frown:)...
Original post by Laytono
Got offer from Nottingham. AAB :smile:

Still waiting on Durham, St andrews, Cambridge and Bristol.

Congrats those with Durham offers!!!
when did you send yours off?

I think I sent mine off on 7th October.

I got an offer from Exeter today!
Wow, so jealous - I thought Durham didn't give them out for months yet! Congratulations! To which colleges did you two apply?
Also, there are no UCL interviews this year. (You can thank David Cameron for that!) The questionnaire is replacing them!

I've applied to Hatfield, but am now requesting to be transferred to Castle. Anyway, both are nice colleges.
Reply 22
Original post by Sempiternitas
Anyway, both are nice colleges.

Pray to Fortuna I overheard that.
Original post by Sappho
Pray to Fortuna I overheard that.

Why? Do you object to my statement?
Reply 24
Why? Do you object to my statement?

Oh, come on, I'm just trying to say that any college can't be any good if they seperate us. And then... I'm a bit jealous as well:tongue:
Congrats though, you deserve it!:wink: Hope to hear from them soon...
Original post by Sappho
Oh, come on, I'm just trying to say that any college can't be any good if they seperate us. And then... I'm a bit jealous as well:tongue:
Congrats though, you deserve it!:wink: Hope to hear from them soon...

Nothing shall separate us. Nothing. Not some measly Durham college.

Okay, the colleges are great, but still they shan't separate us.
Reply 26
Nothing shall separate us. Nothing. Not some measly Durham college.

Okay, the colleges are great, but still they shan't separate us.

Lots of love from my part.
Reply 27
hey,
Ive applied to the following:

Exeter - Classical Studies
UCL - Ancient world studies
Kings - Classical Studiees
Nottingham - Classical Civilisation
Durham - Classical Past

so far I have had an offer from Exeter (yey!!!), but unfortunately a rejection from Durham.

pretty dissappointed when that update was shown on track, but hmmm happens I suppose. You guys are going to have a fantastic time at Durham though - congrats on the offers!!!

can I ask what people's AS and predicted grades are?

I got:
AS - 4 As
predicted - A*AA
Reply 28
Aso - this UCL questionnaire, is it something that is sent to you, you complete at leisure and you send back - or is it completed under timed conditions?
Original post by r.woods
hey,
Ive applied to the following:

Exeter - Classical Studies
UCL - Ancient world studies
Kings - Classical Studiees
Nottingham - Classical Civilisation
Durham - Classical Past

so far I have had an offer from Exeter (yey!!!), but unfortunately a rejection from Durham.

pretty dissappointed when that update was shown on track, but hmmm happens I suppose. You guys are going to have a fantastic time at Durham though - congrats on the offers!!!

can I ask what people's AS and predicted grades are?

I got:
AS - 4 As
predicted - A*AA

It's a pity about Durham. (And not very nice, since you have wonderful grades!) Is that your fifth choice?

I got AAAB for AS. I'm predicted A*A*A*B.
Reply 30
Durham was my first choice alongside Exeter (really couldnt decide between them)

So, I feel pretty proud that I got at least one of my first choices :smile: besides, I always knew it would be a long shot... but worth a try.

what other Unis are you applying to?
Original post by r.woods
Durham was my first choice alongside Exeter (really couldnt decide between them)

So, I feel pretty proud that I got at least one of my first choices :smile: besides, I always knew it would be a long shot... but worth a try.

what other Unis are you applying to?

In order of preference, Oxford, Durham, St Andrews, Manchester and Nottingham. Got offers from Durham, Manchester and Nottingham.

Congratulations on getting an offer from your first choice! Now when will I hear from Oxford...
When did you submit your UCAS form and when did you get your offer from Durham? (Just out of interest!) Also, which college?

My UCAS track says that my application was processed on 7th October. Durham gave me an offer on 1st November (last Monday). I've applied to Hatfield, but am requesting to be transferred to Castle.
Applied to Cambride, KCL, royal holloway, exeter and warwick
have offers for exeter and warwick :smile: (not heard from the rest)
Reply 34
Original post by julesonhere
Applied to Cambride, KCL, royal holloway, exeter and warwick
have offers for exeter and warwick :smile: (not heard from the rest)

Have you heard anything from Royal Holloway at all? It's been about 5 weeks now and not even a confirmation email for me!
Reply 35
Helloooo :smile:

I've applied to:

UCL
Warwick
King's
Bristol
St Andrew's

Got an offer from Warwick yesterday, AAB! Just acknowledgments from the rest. However, I am quite keen to find out what this UCL questionnaire is about..hmm...
Reply 36
Hey guys :smile:

Applied to:
Oxford
UCL
Durham
Warwick
Kings

Got an offer today from warwick (AAB), no word from Durham and not yet at a college so think I may not get an offer there as seems like a few people have got offers on here. I finished the UCL questionnaire yesterday, I never heard about this before and thought it was quite odd, seemed quite thorough / in depth for a questionnaire? Will there still be taster days / interviews as well or is this it? Sucks they don't give offers before end of march!!
Original post by Gubey
Hey guys :smile:

Applied to:
Oxford
UCL
Durham
Warwick
Kings

Got an offer today from warwick (AAB), no word from Durham and not yet at a college so think I may not get an offer there as seems like a few people have got offers on here. I finished the UCL questionnaire yesterday, I never heard about this before and thought it was quite odd, seemed quite thorough / in depth for a questionnaire? Will there still be taster days / interviews as well or is this it? Sucks they don't give offers before end of march!!

Nonsense. Nobody else from my school has heard from Durham yet.
Reply 38
A*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*
Reply 39
I've applied to exactly the same universities as you except Exeter instead of Warwick...
Well done on your Warwick offer!
There won't be interviews but I think there are compulsory, post-offer open days.
To which Oxford college are you applying?

Oh that's awesome!
I applied to Oriel college, how about you?
Oh that seems a bit of a shame for UCL without interviews, oh well.
Got any offers yet?

Quick Reply

Latest