The Student Room Group

Logic of girls in clubs is beyond my comprehension. Help!

I decided to go to some night-clubs in to find a nice girl.

I think I'm constantly failing to do that. It's not that I'm fat or unattractive (so I hope, at least), I think I'm completely unfamiliar with the rules or customs of clubs.

Some of the problems I shall list below. Please would a female kindly answer these questions or comment on them. I would like to have information from the primary source.

1) Whenever I politely ask a girl to dance and offer her my hand, she will say no. Yet some ape-looking men will just grab them and shake them - and they stay with them! Why? Should I behave like an ape as well?

2) Often some girls come and obviously dance just 1 mm away from me. I give them a smile and dance with them, but after 4-5 minutes, they suddenly look at me, as if I had done something wrong, and leave. What do I do wrong? Do they expect me to grab them, or what should I do?

3) How come a girl tells me I'm hot, dances with me, gives me a long French kiss, leaves; and then in 10 minutes I see her kissing some black guy?

4) Please give me sound advice on how to behave. This seems too complicated for me and I can't find any other ways to meet new people in England.

Thanks

Added on 14/11/2010 14:10

So I went to a club yesterday and did what many of you advised. The result was that some girl, who wasn't quite sober, just started groping me at all places and tried to have sex with me right on the sofa in the club, amongst all those people! She had known me for about 10 minutes, she didn't know who I am, or even my name, and I did virtually nothing to impress her, apart from grabbing her!

I cannot honestly descend to that level. I have been brought up properly and taught manners not just to degenerate and behave like that.

No more clubbing for me. I think I'd rather be alone than have such a "company".

Many thanks to all those, who gave me advice. I appreciate it a lot.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

firstly a club is the wrong place to try and meet a nice girl... yes its possible, but there are far better ways to go about it
Reply 2
care to ellaborate didgeridoo
Reply 3
acting like a monkey generally gets you very far socially, i see it in lectures all the time.

all. the time.
Reply 4
I didn't know trolls went clubbing
OP, are you autistic?

It's not hard to infer determinates of these behaviours.
Reply 6
Original post by the_13th

I decided to go to some night-clubs in Bournemouth's center to find a nice girl.

I think I'm constantly failing to do that. It's not that I'm fat or unattractive (so I hope, at least), I think I'm completely unfamiliar with the rules or customs of clubs.

Some of the problems I shall list below. Please would a female kindly answer these questions or comment on them. I would like to have information from the primary source.

1) Whenever I politely ask a girl to dance and offer her my hand, she will say no. Yet some ape-looking men will just grab them and shake them - and they stay with them! Why? Should I behave like an ape as well?

2) Often some girls come and obviously dance just 1 mm away from me. I give them a smile and dance with them, but after 4-5 minutes, they suddenly look at me, as if I had done something wrong, and leave. What do I do wrong? Do they expect me to grab them, or what should I do?

3) How come a girl tells me I'm hot, dances with me, gives me a long French kiss, leaves; and then in 10 minutes I see her kissing some black guy?

4) Please give me sound advice on how to behave. This seems too complicated for me and I can't find any other ways to meet new people in England.

Thanks

It sounds like you're acting too gentlemanly! To me, that approach would be favourable. But some girls seem to prefer the leering guys that just make a beeline for them and grope/grind on them. And I think you're gentlemanly, nicely nice softly softly approach is perhaps a bit too old-fashioned for meeting girls in clubs. And if you want to find a nice girl for a meaningful relationship, I wouldn't suggest doing it in a club!
Reply 7
. It's not that I'm fat or unattractive (so I hope, at least),

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it may the case you are far less attractive than you previously thought.
I'm a monkey; I'll show you how it's done. :u:
Clubs are meat markets dude, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. There is no logic in it all. Women don't know what they want most of the time, and once they become intoxicated they, like us, are more likely to kiss a person who initiates it first.

We've all been there man. It's just the way of the world.
Reply 10
What is it?

A mountain?
A skyscraper?

No, it's the pedestal you've put the pussy on.
Reply 11
Original post by smilee172
It sounds like you're acting too gentlemanly! To me, that approach would be favourable. But some girls seem to prefer the leering guys that just make a beeline for them and grope/grind on them. And I think you're gentlemanly, nicely nice softly softly approach is perhaps a bit too old-fashioned for meeting girls in clubs. And if you want to find a nice girl for a meaningful relationship, I wouldn't suggest doing it in a club!

Original post by didgeridoo12uk
firstly a club is the wrong place to try and meet a nice girl... yes its possible, but there are far better ways to go about it

Comments like these annoy me.
It's a club, not a ball room dance.
Original post by Hylean

great, it's true though.
Reply 14
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
OP, are you autistic?

It's not hard to infer determinates of these behaviours.

Really?

Then I'm autistic, too?
Reply 15
Original post by explosions hurt
great, it's true though.

No, it's not. Unless you somehow believe that all women who go clubbing are not nice girls then it's a pile of crap. Just about everyone goes clubbing these days. Admittedly there are many who don't, but they are still a minority. Being in a club does not suddenly change you into a "bad" girl.

Do you suddenly all become "bad" men when in clubs? No. Utter bull****.

Nor does them being drunk necessarily mean they will **** randomers or have one night stands. It might impair their judgement over who is hot or whatever, but being in a club no way implies they are not nice girls. Ugh, the fact that this needs to be explain is disgraceful.
Reply 16
Original post by arabie
acting like a monkey generally gets you very far socially, i see it in lectures all the time.

all. the time.

This.

It's the best way. If you try to be nice, you're boring. If you act like a dick, you appear more interesting. Especially if you act nice some of the time and then a dick most of the time, girls think they can see the better side of you and then change you. So they consent to **** you in the meantime.

Of course if they ever did change you to be nice, you'd be boring.

It's just a little rigmarole. It's a bit weird and confusing, but it's easy enough to get the general gist.
Reply 17
Original post by RyanT
What is it?

A mountain?
A skyscraper?

No, it's the pedestal you've put the pussy on.

:rofl: :biggrin::
As far as meeting women is concerned, clubs are good for pulling ho's, but nothing more than that. It's common knowledge.
Original post by Hylean

why?

most people are reasonably drunk and its hardly somewhere where you can actually have a conversation with someone. so you have absolutely no clue what they're really like

Latest

Trending

Trending